Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String formatting using awk printf Post 302411636 by sugan on Friday 9th of April 2010 04:39:36 AM
Old 04-09-2010
Ya, its working fine. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf with Character String

I am trying to use printf with a character string that is used within a do loop. The problem is that while in the loop, the printf prints the variable name instead of the value. The do loop calls the variable name from a text file (called device.txt): while read device do cat $device.clean... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dleblanc67
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help formatting a string. Something like printf?

Hi I'm having a problem with converting a file: ID X 1 7 1 8 1 3 2 5 2 7 2 2 To something like this: ID X1 X2 X3 1 7 8 3 2 5 7 2 I've tried the following loop: for i in `cat tst.csv| awk -F "," '{print $1}'| uniq`;do grep -h $i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explanation for printf string in awk

hi all can any one help me to understand this bdf -t vfxs | awk '/\//{printf("%-30s%-10s%-10s%-10s%-5s%-10s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6)}' i want to understand the numbers %-30S% (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printf formatting

Is there a way to make these 2 numbers - $482477.37 and $1875000.00 look like $482,477.37 and $1,875,000.00 with printf? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String formatting using AWK

Hi, I need to insert a line at a particular line number. I am using the below code: sed $REV_LINO_NO" i\\ # $CURRENT_DATE $NAME Changed pwd for cindy\'s id" file > file1 This code works, but the formatting is not as I expected. For example, I get lines as shown below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Formatting using printf[ksh]

Hi All, I am attempting to create a fixed length tilde delimited file using printf. The variables are initialized to fixed length blank spaces a=' ' b=' ' c=' ' d=' ' Sometimes the variable might contain values and sometimes they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to match string within awk printf

Hi All I am working to process txt file into csv commo separated. Input.txt 1,2,asdf,34sdsd,120,haahha2 2,2,wewedf,45sdsd,130,haahha ..... .... Errorcode.txt 120 130 140 myawk.awk code: { BEGIN{ HEADER="f1,f2,f3,f4,f5,f6" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
4 Replies

9. Programming

Passing printf formatting parameters as variables

Hi, I haven't programed in C in a few years. I have been doing a lot of shell scripting, I.E. not really programming anything heavy. :o That said, I have a script that gives hourly usage statistics for our email server. It runs w-a-y to slow as a script for my impatience, and needs to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf padded string

Is possible to print padded string in printf? Example echo 1 | awk '{printf("%03d\n", $1)}' 001I want S1 S11 S2 S21to be padded as: S01 S11 S02 S21Thanks! (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
26 Replies
FS_CLEANACL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_CLEANACL(1)

NAME
fs_cleanacl - Remove obsolete entries from an ACL SYNOPSIS
fs cleanacl [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs cl [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs cleanacl command removes from the access control list (ACL) of each specified directory or file any entry that refers to a user or group that no longer has a Protection Database entry. Such an entry appears on the ACL as an AFS user ID number (UID) rather than a name, because without a Protection Database entry, the File Server cannot translate the UID into a name. Cleaning access control lists in this way not only keeps them from becoming crowded with irrelevant information, but also prevents the new possessor of a recycled AFS UID from obtaining access intended for the former possessor of the AFS UID. (Note that recycling UIDs is not recommended in any case.) OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each directory for which to clean the ACL (specifying a filename cleans its directory's ACL). If this argument is omitted, the current working directory's ACL is cleaned. Specify the read/write path to each directory, to avoid the failure that results from attempting to change a read-only volume. By convention, the read/write path is indicated by placing a period before the cell name at the pathname's second level (for example, /afs/.abc.com). For further discussion of the concept of read/write and read-only paths through the filespace, see the fs mkmount reference page. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If there are no obsolete entries on the ACL, the following message appears: Access list for <path> is fine. Otherwise, the output reports the resulting state of the ACL, following the header Access list for <path> is now At the same time, the following error message appears for each file in the cleaned directories: fs: '<filename>': Not a directory EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates the cleaning of the ACLs on the current working directory and two of its subdirectories. Only the second subdirectory had obsolete entries on it. % fs cleanacl -path . ./reports ./sources Access list for . is fine. Access list for ./reports is fine. Access list for ./sources is now Normal rights: system:authuser rl pat rlidwka PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "a" (administer) permission on each directory's ACL (or the ACL of each file's parent directory); the directory's owner and the members of the system:administrators group have the right implicitly, even if it does not appear on the ACL. SEE ALSO
fs_listacl(1), fs_mkmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CLEANACL(1)