Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing the modified dates of files in two directories Post 302411543 by itkamaraj on Thursday 8th of April 2010 09:15:49 PM
Old 04-08-2010
use rsync command to sync both folders.

check out the below page for examples

Geek Stuff - Synchronize two folders on a Mac and other Unix Systems with Rsync - Branko Jevti?'s Piece Of Web

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modified dates to a file without the cut command

how can i write the modified dates of all of the files in my directory to a file. i dont want any of the other junk from ls in there. i cant use the cut command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing 2 dates

hi , I have two variables both containg dates, x= `date` and y= `date' their format being -> Fri Nov 12 22:59:50 MST 2004 how do I compare which one is greater. ->Can dates be converted into integer and then compared? ( one lengthy way would be to compare the words one by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_oops9
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing last modified dates

Hi All. Can someone please give me an example of how I'd do a comparison to find out if the last modified date of a file is newer than yesterday (i.e. today - 1 day)? Example: if ; then echo "Do something..." fi Any ideas or examples? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmilks
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing dates

Hi guys I have a a variable called check_ts which holds a date value. this date value keeps refreshing every 15 minutes. I am going to start a cron job 5 minutes after the refresh. I have to check if the current date > 20 min of check_ts. how do i do that. thanks ragha (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list exe files modified before certain dates

Can you please tell me how I can list all EXE files in a dir and Subdir which where modified say before 01/01/2006 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fremont
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting the files comparing the creation dates

Hi Gurus, I am new to unix. I have a requirement where i need to delete some files in a folder twice a week. Suppose i have a folder AAA. In that i have files from 01/04/2008 to 10/04/2008 I want to remove all the files except last 3 days i.e., 10,9th & 8th. Every week twice we want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying New and Modified Files/Directories

Hi. Our shop is migrating to a new UNIX server and our hope is to do a full migration of all files to the new server weeks in advance of the final migration. As a result we want to identify files on our SOLARIS 8 UNIX server that have changed or that were created after a specific date & time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to monitor Modified Files/Directories

Hi All , I have a directory called "/usr/local/apache/docs/" inside this docs i have below directories , bash-2.05# pwd /usr/local/apache/docs/ bash-2.05#ls -l | less 2 drw-r-xr-x 3 root root 512 Aug 8 2010 Form1 2 drw-r-xr-x 3 root other 512 Mar 8 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanasekar_beem
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing dates

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing.One more condition is change of year also i.e today is Jan1 2012 and yesterday is Dec 31 2011. The above rek i want in Shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Dates

Hi I'm trying to compare the current date (dd-Mmm-yyyy) against a variable that is an extracted date from an sql script. Below is the code: datenow=`date '+%d-%h-%Y'` #datenow is the current date in the format dd-Mmm-yyyy sqlplus $dbuserid/$dbpassword @ $SCRIPT_PATH/business-date.sql >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyAV
3 Replies