Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing unix variable to oracle parameters Post 302411410 by Jairaj on Thursday 8th of April 2010 01:00:25 PM
Old 04-08-2010
Hi tyler,

Thanks for your input. I have tried my level.

Code:
file_cnt=`wc -l $1 | awk '{print $1}'`
sqlplus -s  uname/pwd@dbins << EOF
select count(1) into :t_cnt from $2;
insert into t_table(f_name, t_name, f_cnt,loaded) values ('$1','$2',$file_cnt,:t_cnt);
commit;
exit;
EOF

Code:
sh o2.sh filename table_name

COUNT(1)
----------

SP2-0552: Bind variable "T_CNT" not declared.

Commit complete.

calling like below:
sh o2.sh file_name table_name

Please tell me how to insert t_cnt to oracle.

edit by bakunin: you surely have just forgotten the code-tags. I inserted them for you.

---------- Post updated at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:05 AM ----------

It will be great if anybody provide solution my problem.

Advance Thanks.

Last edited by bakunin; 04-08-2010 at 01:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all Iam trying to send an array to oracle procedure from unix. Iam writing a program in K Shell to pass this array to oracle. Is it possible. Please advice thanks Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing oracle parameters back to Shell

Hi All, Does anyone have any solutions for passing back multiple variables back to the SHELL from a call to an ORACLE procedure: eg #username='scott' #password='tiger' #database='orcl' username='ITGCD03D03' password='tC5epIew' database='ITGCD03D' sqlplus -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters form unix to Oracle procedure

Hi, I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekharamy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to oracle procedure

using the script below I want to pass a parameters thorugh my sql call(@/unixsxxx/xxxx/helpenv.sql emptab ) as input into an oracle procedure xxxx_package.proc1(%1,emptab); . I tried %1 but it does not work. Any suggestions. #!bin/ksh set -x # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing wildcard parameters to find via a variable

I have a script to fix permissions which is made up of blocks like: FS_ROOT=/home/shared/Photos FS_EXCLUDE=( \( -path */.webviews -o -path */.thumbnails \) -prune -o ) find $FS_ROOT ${FS_EXCLUDE} -type d -not -perm 2770 -exec chmod 2770 "{}" \; That fragment works as expected, but no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mij
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable Parameters (C shell)

I am trying to execute a copy command via shell script. However, on occassion, 2 or more files need to copied. How do I code for the multiple arguments? Does it matter how the files are delimited? Example: I have a script to copy files from 1 dir to another called duplicate.csh In most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
1 Replies

7. Programming

Oracle Variable Passing Test

Hi, I am trying to get the oracle variables and pass the values in sql placed in procedure. VARIABLE vstat='ASDS,FGDS,VCGD,VCXC' Query : select distinct dept from College where section in ('C','D') AND CODES ='' AND NAMES IN ('RAJ','SAM'); I want CODES values to be taken from vstat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies

9. Programming

Remote login UNIX box from java passing parameters to the custom script called in the profile

Hello Good Day / Guten Tag.... I have to login the server and the user profile contains some scripts which need the inputs to be taken from the keyboard. So I use the method to conn.authenticateWithKeyboardInteractive(username, new InteractiveCallback() { public String... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanalkumaran
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing output parameter(Oracle) to variable in ksh Script

Hello, I have researched and tried many way to pass OUT parameter to be stored in variable in KSH Script.Still not success, please help. Here is my Store Procedure. create procedure testout3(v_in varchar2,v_out OUT integer) as begin v_out := 1; end; Here is my testvout.ksh #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palita2601
1 Replies
UNAME(1)							   User Commands							  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - print system information SYNOPSIS
uname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s. -a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown: -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type (non-portable) -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform (non-portable) -o, --operating-system print the operating system --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report uname translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
arch(1), uname(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/uname> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) uname invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 UNAME(1)