Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 installation on dell power edge 1950 Post 302411274 by ./hari.sh on Thursday 8th of April 2010 05:57:24 AM
Old 04-08-2010
Solaris 10 installation on dell power edge 1950

Hi,
I am about to try Solaris 10 on a dell power edge 1950 server. I have googled and found some articles(2007) saying its not supported. Anybody tried this recently?
Thanks in advance

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stange problem Dell PowerEdge 1950/ Boradcom Netextreme NIC

I have 2 Dell Poweredge 1950 servers running . I have been having intermittent performance issues with the NIC cards on one of them. The two servers are identical and are running the same operating system. The server that has the issue is on the DMZ on a a static IP and is hosting a website. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dell monitor blinking with the Solaris

Hi I have experienced some problems with the new monitor on my Solaris WS (Solaris5.4). Old monitor (Sony ES200) died an we installed a new one (Dell Ultrascan P780) The system booted but the monitor statrted blinking at the rate about once in 5-7 seconds. This is espetially strange that the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Dell R710 server

Hello everyone, We have an application which runs on SPARC machine, it is tested and runs without any problem, we are due to upgrade that machine but as cost-cutting measures we are thinking of buying a Dell PowerEdge 710 x86 machine this time, two questions.. 1) any performance difference you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
FETCHNEWS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FETCHNEWS(8)

NAME
fetchnews - retrieve new articles from peer and feed to Cyrus SYNOPSIS
fetchnews [ -C config-file ] [ -s servername[:port] ] [ -n ] [ -y ] [ -w wildmat ] [ -f tstampfile ] [ -a authname [ -p password ] ] peername DESCRIPTION
Fetchnews retrieves news articles from a peer news server and feeds them to a Cyrus server. Fetchnews connects to the peer specified by peername, requests new articles since the time stored in tstampfile and feeds them to servername. Fetchnews reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -s servername Hostname of the Cyrus server (with optional port) to which articles should be fed. Defaults to "localhost:nntp". -n Don't use the NEWNEWS command. Fetchnews will keep track of the high and low water marks for each group and use them to fetch new articles. -y Use 4 instead of 2 digits for year. 2-digits are rfc977- but not y2k-compliant. -w wildmat Wildmat pattern specifying which newsgroups to search for new articles. Defaults to "*". -f tstampfile File in which to read/write the timestamp of when articles were last retrieved. Defaults to "newsstamp" located in configdir as specified by the configuration options. -a authname Userid to use for authentication. -p password Password to use for authentication. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus FETCHNEWS(8)