Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete one Line from Main File and Create another Post 302411222 by daptal on Thursday 8th of April 2010 02:40:49 AM
Old 04-08-2010
Code:
grep 'Cheque' MainFile.csv > TEMP.CSV ; sed -ie /Cheque/d MainFile.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete line from a file

Hi , I have a file it content is like that /vol.nas/u08/aip_triage/hany/Tesko/:CC::RPAS /home/biblawh/myscript:CC::RPAS i need to search for a certain pattern inside that file and delete the line if i find this pattern without redirecting the output into another file . so i used the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramezernest
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I create a file from the command line

I want to create a file explicitly from the command line without going in to the file directly just create it. Can I do that? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line by line and create new file

I would like to read line by line out of a file (one word per line) and create with each line a file. The read line should be also pasted into the file with some other text. Something like this: cat readfile.txt | mkfile readline << "bla bli $readline blu" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first line from file and more....

Hello, I have to deal with several files that will be named something like this: E00001.TXT, E00002.TXT etc. Each file will have a alpha character on the first position of the first line which I want to place in a variable, then delete the entire line leaving the remainder of text. This new file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfb500
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a particular line from a file

I have a file of following form 2886758410 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:26 1 0 52 139 1129 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:35 1 0 52 139 1131 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:41 0 0 56 56 1132... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

8. AIX

[Solved] Not able to delete/create file in /tmp

This is AIX box and I am not able to create or delete file in /tmp though space is there root@ttcols01/ #touch /tmp/test_file touch: 0652-046 Cannot create /tmp/test_file. root@ttcols01/ #mkdir /tmp/test_dir mkdir: 0653-358 Cannot create /tmp/test_dir. /tmp/test_dir: Invalid file system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a file even root user also cant delete?

Is there any way to create a file in linux that root user also can't delete? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: palani13dec
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)