Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending test pass to a folder in expect Post 302411176 by melvin on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 10:35:57 PM
Old 04-07-2010
Sending test pass to a folder in expect

still new to this expect
useing bach shell to cammand expect script i tink i have that right!
i want to have the test im running upon every complted cycle copyed to a folder. cant seem to get it to work.

Ive tryed

log_file -a $globallogdir/deveoper.log

proc dbglog {notsure what goes here}{
if {not surr what goes here}{
send_log "this is for dev log"

}

as youcan see im new.
does log_file go into my bash script

and proc_dbgglog go in to expect
just not sure ive looked over exploring expect just not seeing it

thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to write a script to test the folder permissions

Hi All, I want a script to test folder permissions.( to alert me if a folder /abc/xyz does not have 775 permissions). i want to test /abc/xyz is having 775 permissions or not if not it has to alert me. Please help me ASAP Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh212512
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: run a command first before sending

Hello Expect experts, Is it possible with Expect to run a command first when an expected phrase is outputted by a spawned program? Before sending an answer to the spawned program that is... Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr00tY
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass subshell through expect and SSH

Hi folks, What I want to do is to check if there is an instance of running vlc on a remote server, then kill it, and start it again. The code I came up with is: #!/bin/bash expectFcn() { expect -c " set timeout -1 spawn ssh \"$1@$2\" \"$4\" match_max 100000 expect { -re... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dukevn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script sending password with $ and symbols

All, I am trying to use expect to send SFTP password because I am unable to share a key with the vendor. They gave me a password that uses some symbols in it like $ and ! When i try to use the send command in expect it thinks the $ is a variable. Is there anyway to have it send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables in Expect command?

Hi All, I need to frame a unix script to logon to a unix box. The credentials needs to be obtained from a property file on the same location. I am trying to use 'expect' and 'spawn' command to meet this req. When I am passing values, these commands are working fine. but when I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailkarthik
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable with spaces from shell to expect?

I need call expect script from shell script and pass values some of which could contain space. How to make expect to treat such values as one variable? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending content of a file in Expect

How Can I send the content of a file in Expect? Do I have to use cat command in a way? if yes how? lets say my file is called 1.txt. example: expect "Enter command to send:" {send "???? \r"} ???? --> content of the file 1.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inputs to format command using expect

Hi , I am not able figure out how to use expect tool to send input to this prompt of format Searching for disks...done selecting c0t3d0 FORMAT MENU: disk - select a disk type - select (define) a disk type partition - select (define) a partition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

9. Hardware

My NIC driver didn't pass high pressure test!

My NIC driver, which is writed by myself, didn't pass high pressure test! I writed a shell script in which the key commands are "scp" to test the driver under high pressure. The shell script loop 3000 times and in each loop, the scp command transmits 1GB data. When the test fail, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
14 Replies
EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)					      System Manager's Manual						EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)

NAME
exim_convert4r4 - Convert Exim configuration from v3 to v4 format SYNOPSIS
exim_convert4r4 DESCRIPTION
This script is provided to assist in updating Exim configuration files. It reads an Exim 3 configuration file on the standard input, and writes a modified file on the standard output. It also writes comments about what it has done to the standard error file. It assumes that the input is a valid Exim 3 configuration file. A typical call to the conversion script might be exim_convert4r4 < /etc/exim/exim.conf > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.new The output file MUST be checked and tested before trying to use it on a live system. The conversion script is just an aid which does a lot of the "grunt work". It does not guarantee to produce an Exim 4 configuration that behaves exactly the same as the Exim 3 configuration it reads. Each option change in the new file is preceded by an identifying comment. In fact, the conversion script tends to make quite a mess of your configuration, and you should expect to go through it afterwards and tidy it up by hand. Unless you are running a very straightforward configuration, the automatic conversion is likely to generate a non-optimal configuration. You should not only check it thoroughly, but also run as many tests as you can, to ensure that it is working as you expect. In particular, you should test address routing, using -bt and -bv, and the policy controls, using -bh. If possible, you should also do some live tests (i.e. send and receive some messages) before putting Exim 4 into service. If you have a very complicated configuration, it is possible that exim_convert4r4 will break it in some situations, which is why thorough testing is strongly recommended. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), the files in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/, especially Exim4.upgrade.gz AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from Exim4.upgrade by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)