Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Bad performance but Low CPU loading? Post 302411162 by GreenShery on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 09:12:42 PM
Old 04-07-2010
I checked some backup job, they're set at other time. Such as 1:00,23:00...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CPU Loading

How can I measure CPU loading (like performance monitor in Windows OS). I use Solaris but I would like to write portable code. Besides, I have to write programm to load CPU with known percent. How can I use CPU in 30% for example. Thanks for any ideas. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: serge
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing Huge Files - Performance is very bad

Hi All, Can you please help me in resolving the following problem? My requirement is like this: 1) I have two files YESTERDAY_FILE and TODAY_FILE. Each one is having nearly two million data. 2) I need to check each record of TODAY_FILE in YESTERDAY_FILE. If exists we can skip that by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
5 Replies

3. AIX

Bad performance when log in with putty

Hello guys! I'm n00b in AIX and I'm sticked in a problem. (my English is poor enough, but I hope you can understand me :P). So.. I'm trying to connect to an AIX machine with putty, and .. 'using username xxx' appears after 2 sec (OK), but 'xxx@ip's password' appears after 1:15 min. After... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: combat2k
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Low average cpu utilization.

Hi to all, i have an app on solaris 5.8 writed in C++ (3.2.1) that use multi threading. Hardware has 8 cpu. When i run my app i note that the average of cpu go at least at 40%, and the performance are not so higher.. There is a cpu limitation on solaris, that dedicate only a part of cpu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moodie
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun T1000 application low performance

Hello All. I have Sun T1000 server with Solaris 10. On T1000 installed EMC smarts, application for monitoring network devices via SNMP + SNMP. So, Smarts has own DB (contains object - devices and relationships), file takes 30 mb, now, all queries to DB works very slow, so Smarts works too slow,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemulll
5 Replies

6. Solaris

By loading I have received the following issue: BAD PBR SIGN.

Hi folks. By disk cloning on Solaris x86, I used a command dd. I pulled out the source and inserted the new disk. By loading I have received the following issue: BAD PBR SIGN. :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Performance (iops) becomes bad, what is the reason?

I have written a virtual HBA driver named "xmp_vhba". A scsi disk is attached on it. as shown below: xmp_vhba, instance #0 disk, instance #11 But the performance became very bad when we read/write the scsi disk using the vdbench(a read/write io tool). What is the reason? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
7 Replies

8. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU with long hours in top, is this bad?

Hi, We have a Solaris server that has about 43 Oracle databases on it and we also have the Oracle Enterprise Manager - emagent that is used to monitor these databases When running top, the emagent is showing as one of the top process. Excerpts from running top shows something as below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX lpar bad disk I/O performance - 4k per IO limitation ?

Hi Guys, I have fresh new installed VIO 2.2.3.70 on a p710, 3 physical SAS disks, rootvg on hdisk0 and 3 VIO clients through vscsi, AIX7.1tl4 AIX6.1tl9 RHEL6.5ppc, each lpar has its rootvg installed on a LV on datavg (hdisk2) mapped to vhost0,1,2 There is no vg on hdisk1, I use it for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frenchy59
1 Replies
X11PERFCOMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    X11PERFCOMP(1)

NAME
x11perfcomp - X11 server performance comparison program SYNTAX
x11perfcomp [ -r | -ro ] [ -l label_file ] files DESCRIPTION
The x11perfcomp program merges the output of several x11perf(1) runs into a nice tabular format. It takes the results in each file, fills in any missing test results if necessary, and for each test shows the objects/second rate of each server. If invoked with the -r or -ro options, it shows the relative performance of each server to the first server. Normally, x11perfcomp uses the first file specified to determine which specific tests it should report on. Some (non-DEC :) servers may fail to perform all tests. In this case, x11perfcomp automatically substitutes in a rate of 0.0 objects/second. Since the first file determines which tests to report on, this file must contain a superset of the tests reported in the other files, else x11perfcomp will fail. You can provide an explicit list of tests to report on by using the -l switch to specify a file of labels. You can create a label file by using the -label option in x11perf. OPTIONS
x11perfcomp accepts the options listed below: -r Specifies that the output should also include relative server performance. -ro Specifies that the output should include only relative server performance. -l label_file Specifies a label file to use. X DEFAULTS
There are no X defaults used by this program. SEE ALSO
X(7), x11perf(1) AUTHORS
Mark Moraes wrote the original scripts to compare servers. Joel McCormack just munged them together a bit. X Version 11 x11perf 1.5.1 X11PERFCOMP(1)