Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logrotate issue on SUSE 10
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Logrotate issue on SUSE 10 Post 302411126 by pludi on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 04:50:04 PM
Old 04-07-2010
Check the man page of logrotate again (emphasis added):
Quote:
-d
Turns on debug mode and implies -v. In debug mode, no changes will be made to the logs or to the logrotate state file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf file

Hi there, I want to rotate the logfiles which are located in /var/log/jboss/tomcat* so I have created a file named as 'tomat' in /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat with the following content. # cat /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat /var/log/jboss/tomcat_access_log*.log { daily nocreate ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Installin Suse 11 - Mouse issue using Remote Control

hi guys I want to exhaust all the possibilities so I'm going to ask this here I am installing a Suse 11 on IBM Blade Center using Remote Control. when using this is impossible to use the mouse I see the mouse but I have no control over it I try to move it but no way it moves to fast s no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
3 Replies

4. SuSE

named service issue on Suse

Hi Experts, I have a virtual server of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). I am having strange issue of Naming services. Every 1 or 2 hours, named service stops working on this server and then I have to start it from "/etc/init./named start" I am not getting clue, where should I start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing Issue after configuring logrotate

Hi, I have a logrotate configuration which rotates a log every night 1 min before midnight, but somehow its not working and unfortunately not showing any error message as well. Sharing the code for the cron job as well as the conf file, I am using, if some one coule help me..whats wrong with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Logrotate issue in RHEL

Hi, I have a requirement to compress logs that generate daily. Below is the logrotate configuration for this But for some kind of reason the logs are not getting compressed daily. When tried to execute the logrotate manually with -d it says "log does not need rotating." The path... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
0 Replies

8. AIX

Logrotate - /etc/logrotate.conf does't exist

Hi Admins. I have installed logrotate rpm on Aix 6.1. After the installation of rpm, I don't find /etc/logrotate.conf file and /etc/logrotate.d dir . The config file is located in /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf. When I ran logrotate -v /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf I get below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. Linux

Issue with vsftpd in Suse

Hi, I have SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9. One of (non-root) user ia facing very strange issue and I am not able to fix it. He is able to cd into a directory when he logged in through OS ssh, but can not do so when he do ftp. I am using vsftpd. root@prod_ftp_ser03:/> su - don prod_ftp_ser03:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pro*c file Compiling Issue in suse Linux

The existing .pc (pro *C) file is running successfully in UNIX. But when Iam trying to compile this same file in LINUX using proc iname filename.pc, Iam getting an error, proc file not recognized. Could someone help how to generate execute file from the proc*c file. what are the prerequisites... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrambharat
2 Replies
PUPPET-MAN(8)							   Puppet manual						     PUPPET-MAN(8)

NAME
puppet-man - Display Puppet manual pages. SYNOPSIS
puppet man action DESCRIPTION
This subcommand displays manual pages for all Puppet subcommands. If the ronn gem (https://github.com/rtomayko/ronn/) is installed on your system, puppet man will display fully-formated man pages. If ronn is not available, puppet man will display the raw (but human-readable) source text in a pager. OPTIONS
Note that any configuration parameter that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present action. For example, server is a valid configuration parameter, so you can specify --server <servername> as an argument. See the configuration file documentation at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet with --genconfig. --mode MODE The run mode to use for the current action. Valid modes are user, agent, and master. --render-as FORMAT The format in which to render output. The most common formats are json, s (string), yaml, and console, but other options such as dot are sometimes available. --verbose Whether to log verbosely. --debug Whether to log debug information. ACTIONS
man - Display the manual page for a Puppet subcommand. SYNOPSIS puppet man subcommand DESCRIPTION Display the manual page for a Puppet subcommand. RETURNS The man data, in Markdown format, suitable for consumption by Ronn. RENDERING ISSUES: To skip fancy formatting and output the raw Markdown text (e.g. for use in a pipeline), call this action with '--render-as s'. EXAMPLES
man View the manual page for a subcommand: $ puppet man facts NOTES
The pager used for display will be the first found of $MANPAGER, $PAGER, less, most, or more. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2011 by Puppet Labs Apache 2 license; see COPYING Puppet Labs, LLC June 2012 PUPPET-MAN(8)