Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Shutdown all systems remotely Post 302411104 by rodmur on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 03:49:18 PM
Old 04-07-2010
If your systems support IMPI, you might want to take a look at that.

Intelligent Platform Management Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it has a LOM capability, it'll make this a lot easier. More modern servers have this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely login to one from another?

NT CONSULTANT IS NEAR TOTAL UNIX NEWBIE! Please help! I would like detailed info about how to remotely connect a PC running win'98 that is not on a local network to a unix server which is locally networked to other PCs? Would like to know how to: Move files back and forth? Mount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kagor
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using CD drive remotely !

hi, could anyone tell me that how can i use a remote CD drive for installing solaris , cause my local Drive has peroblem. tell me the steps one by one. Rgrds, nikk:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement remotely

I need to rsh to many machines and run an " if statement' that checks the versions of the OS and if up to date it tee -a to a file called "uptodate"..then if not update, it tee -a to file called "notuptodate" on my machine the command that checks the version is cat /etc/version. now the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxrmroue
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get process information remotely

Hello, We have a domain where instances attached to it are in multiple machines. Is there any way that I can get the process information of the domain of a secondary server from the primary. ssh authentication is enabled on the functional ID and if I scsu to that ID and do the ssh: $ssh machine2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remotely the script

Hi All, I have a script to be executed in another machine. I connect to that machine from another server as a root ( this is the only configured access, as i cannot log in as a normal user). After that I have to switch to a normal user and that I can be able to executge that script. But all this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: elthox
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar remotely

I need to upload tar or zip files to a unix server than unzip or untar them remotely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do the remote untar or unzip? For example does someone know of a cgi script or something? Thanks -jz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk remotely

Hi there I am trying to add up the disk space used on a remote linux box but am falling at the first hurdle i.e isolating the 'space used' column with df -k on the remote box if i run this, i get the df -k output as expected # rsh remote-server 'df -k|grep sd|grep -v boot' /dev/sda3 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

10. Solaris

SSH Remotely

Hello. I am trying to ssh and run a script from a remote computer. These computers will be both Windows and MACs. I am using Solaris 8 and what I have tried is: using putty ssh user@ip_address (remote command) /folder/folder/filename.sh The issue here is that the user profile has not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
3 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)