Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File detection then run script Post 302411050 by bsnithin on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 12:31:54 PM
Old 04-07-2010
My code checks only once. If you want to check periodically, pls use the function below
Code:
chk_File()
{
 wait_time=900 ;
 start_time=0 ;
 while [ $start_time -ge $wait_time ]
 do
  if [ -f $2 ]
  then
    echo "File found" ;
    ksh $1 ;
  fi
  start_time=`expr $start_time + 30` ;
done
}
chk_File script2.ksh file1.done
chk_File script3.ksh file2.done

My above function accepts 2 arguments. First one is the script to be called & second is the file from previous process. The function checks for file every 30 seconds until 15 mins(900 seconds). You can change them as per your need.
-Nithin.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple intrusion detection script

If you have a very static Linux server and you want to make sure it's not messed with, here's a simple script that will tell you if any files have been tampered with. It's not as fancy or as secure as tripwire or those others, but it is very simple. It can be easily adapted to any *NIX OS. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

key detection in a script

Heloo every one I want to write a script that detects a key press and mouse click and movement,but I dont know how. The second one is I want to run myscript without writing the shell ie not "sh script.sh" but "script.sh" Can you help me out of here? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enoch99
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need bash script Intrusion Detection on Linux

Hello all I have a script but I failed on the creation of Script is any is carried out in the shell sends the owner of the server, the message is has been implemented For example, functioned as a detection system intruders but in smaller Is it possible to help if you allow I want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
4 Replies

4. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with email to be triggered based on fatal error detection from batch run log file neded

Hi, I require need help in two aspects actually: 1) Fatal error that gets generated as %F% from a log file say ABClog.dat to trigger a mail. At present I manually grep the log file as <grep %F% ABClog.dat| cut-d "%" -f1>. The idea is to use this same logic to grep the log file which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zico1986
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script that run with argument if not run from configuration file argument

Hello, Is there any method thorugh which script can take argument if pass otherwise if argument doesn't pass then it takes the argument from the configuration file i.e I am workiing on a script which will run through crontab and the script will chekout the code ,zip and copy to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File delta detection

Hello, I need to compare two flat files (ASCII format), say file OLD and file NEW. Both have similar structure. These files are | delimitted files and have around few million of records (lines) each. Each file has same set columns and same set of key columns (i.e. the 3rd and 5th column of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
flow-cat(1)						      General Commands Manual						       flow-cat(1)

NAME
flow-cat -- Concatenate flow files SYNOPSIS
flow-cat [-aghmp] [-b big|little] [-C comment] [-d debug_level] [-o filename] [-t start_time] [-T start_time] [-z z_level] [file|directory ...] DESCRIPTION
The flow-cat utility processes files and/or directories of files in the flow-tools format. The resulting concatenated data set is written to the standard output or file specified by -o. If file is a single dash (`-') or absent, flow-cat will read from the standard input. OPTIONS
-a Do not ignore filenames that begin with tmp. -b big|little Byte order of output. -C Comment Add a comment. -d debug_level Enable debugging. -g Sort file list by capture start time before processing. -h Display help. -m Disable the use of mmap(). -p Preload headers. Use to preserve meta information such as lost flows. -o file Write to file instead of the standard out. -t start_time Select flow files up to start_time. If used with -T select files between start_time and end_time. -T end_time Select flow files after end_time. If used with -t select files between start_time and end_time. -z z_level Configure compression level to z_level. 0 is disabled (no compression), 9 is highest compression. file|directory... Process the files and/or directory. TIME
/DATE parsing start_time and end_time parsing is implemented with getdate.y, a commonly used function to process free-form time date specifications. Example usage borrowed from cvs: 1 month ago 2 hours ago 400000 seconds ago last year last Monday yesterday a fortnight ago 3/31/92 10:00:07 PST January 23, 1987 10:05pm 22:00 GMT EXAMPLES
Concatenate all flow files begining with ft-v05.2001-05.01, use flow-print to display the results. flow-cat ft-v05.2001-05-01.* | flow-print Concatenate flow files in /flows/krc4, store store the output in compressed.flows at compression level 9 (best). The headers are preloaded so various metadata such as the flow count is correct in the result. Filenames begining with tmp which are typically in-progress flow files from flow-capture are not processed. flow-cat -p -z9 /flows/krc4 > compressed.flows BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Mark Fullmer maf@splintered.net SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-cat(1)