Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development client authentication in sunone 7.0 webserver Post 302410913 by pcs.abhishek on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 06:34:42 AM
Old 04-07-2010
client authentication in sunone 7.0 webserver

hi,
I am using sunone 7.0 webserver. The webserver instance is configured for https and i want to do client authentication for specific resources. I dont want to do any client authentication for the other resources.

I was able to do a complete client auth for my webserver but unable to do the partial client auth.

Kindly help

Thanks
Abhishek

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unable to use libcurl to access a site requiring client authentication

I’m using the below snipped for setting the certificate and key for client authentication. curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERT,"clientCert.pem"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD,"changeit"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE,"PEM"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Active directory authentication in Linux client?

Hi All, I am a newb in this forums. I am a Linux admin and I hope I will get the solution here. In my company I have setup AD and I can authenticate the windows machines using this AD, also able to apply policy. Now I have installed some Linux machines but I can't able to authenticate via... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahabcse
6 Replies

3. AIX

LDAP authentication client issue

Hi, I am trying to authenticate AIX server against a IDS LDAP instance. The AIX version is 6.1 and TDS client is 6.1. I configured the secldapclntd using ldap.cfg file and changed /etc/security/user to set SYSTEM=LDAP, registry=LDAP for one user. Below are the ldap.cfg configurations - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vs1
5 Replies

4. Web Development

How to enable x-client-ip address in apache webserver LogFormat?

how to enable x-client-ip address in apache webserver LogFormat i tried below option, but no luck... 1. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined 2. LogFormat "%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" proxy 3.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies
DOVEADM-AUTH(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-AUTH(1)

NAME
doveadm-auth - Test authentication for a user SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] auth [-a auth_socket_path] [-x auth_info] user [password] DESCRIPTION
The auth command can be used to test the authentication for the given user. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a auth_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/auth-client. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -x auth_info auth_info specifies additional conditions for the auth command. The auth_info option string has to be given as name=value pair. For multiple conditions the -x option could be supplied multiple times. Possible names for the auth_info are: service The service for which the authentication lookup should be tested. The value may be the name of a service, commonly used with Dovecot. For example: imap, pop3 or smtp. lip The local IP address (server) for the test. rip The remote IP address (client) for the test. lport The local port, e.g. 143 rport The remote port, e.g. 24567 ARGUMENTS
user The user's login name. Depending on the configuration, the login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. password Optionally the user's password. doveadm(1) will prompt for the password, if none was given. EXAMPLE
This example demonstrates an imap authentication test for user john, assuming the user is connected from the host with the IP address 192.0.2.143. doveadm auth -x service=imap -x rip=192.0.2.143 john johns_password passdb: john auth succeeded extra fields: user=john REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-06-09 DOVEADM-AUTH(1)