Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HTML code remove
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML code remove Post 302410890 by nrbhole on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 05:29:00 AM
Old 04-07-2010
My issue resolved with the help of above RE's
Thanks all of you for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to remove only html tags inside a file?

Hi All, I have following example file i want to remove all html tags only, Input File: <html> <head> <title>Software Solutions Inc., </title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> </head> <body bgcolor=white leftmargin="0" topmargin="0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: btech_raju
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove html tags with bash

Hello, is there a way to go through a file and remove certain html tags with bash? If it needs sed or awk, that'll do too. The reason why I want this is, because I have a monitor script which generates a logfile in HTML and every time it generates a logfile, the tags are reproduced. The tags... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to remove html tags including text between them

How to use sed to remove html tags including text between them? Example: User <b> rolvak </b> is stupid. It does not using <b>OOP</b>! and should output: User is stupid. It does not using ! Thank you.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphagon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to remove attribute of an html tag

Is there any shell command to clean an html tag of its attributes. For ex <p align ="center"> with <p>. Thanks for your help!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove external urls from .html file

Hi everyone. I have an html file with lines like so: link href="localFolder/..."> link href="htp://..."> img src="localFolder/..."> img src="htp://..."> I want to remove the links with http in the href and imgs with http in its src. I'm having trouble removing them because there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowCow339
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove urls from html files

Does anybody know how to remove all urls from html files? all urls are links with anchor texts in the form of <a href="http://www.anydomain.com">ANCHOR</a> they may start with www or not. Goal is to delete all urls and keep the ANCHOR text and if possible to change tags around anchor to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove string inside html tag <a>

Does anybody know how i can remove string from <a> tag? There are several hundred posts in a few forums that need to be cleaned up. The precise situation is ---------- <a href="http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi?fvp=/family/sexuality_and_spirituality/&cmd=rA&cG=43"> ------------- my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove all HTML, scripts and styles?

Hi all, How might I go about writing a program that will read all input as an HTML file, and subsequently strip all HTML, embedded scripts and style sheets from its input, leaving only text as the output? I am a beginner, so the simpler, the better. Thanks for any advice :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Molly.P.
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the values inside the html tags?

Hi, I have a txt file which contain this: <a href="linux">Linux</a> <a href="unix">Unix</a> <a href="oracle">Oracle</a> <a href="perl">Perl</a> I'm trying to extract the text in between these anchor tag and ignoring everything else using grep. I managed to ignore the tags but unable to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KCApple
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove multiline HTML tags from a file?

I am trying to remove a multiline HTML tag and its contents from a few HTML files following the same basic pattern. So far using regex and sed have been unsuccessful. The HTML has a basic structure like this (with the normal HTML stuff around it): <div id="div1"> <div class="div2"> <other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: threesixtyfive
4 Replies
GHI(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GHI(1)

NAME
ghi - command-line interface to the GitHub Issues API SYNOPSIS
ghi command [arguments] [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ghi command. ghi is a command-line interface to the GitHub Issues API. It can be used to access all of GitHub's documented Issues API (v2) functionality from the command line: open, close and manipulate issues. If no command is given, the default action is list. If a number is given instead, the default action is show. COMMANDS
list [ -s open|closed|all ] Show open, closed or all issues (choose with -s, see below). Default is open. show number Show issue number. This command can be invoked also as ghi <number>. open [ number ], o [ number ] Create a new issue, and launch $EDITOR. If number is given, reopens that issue. open -m message, o -m message Create a new issue with message content (optionally, use for new lines; first line will be the issue title). close number, c number Closes issue number. edit number, e number Edit issue number with $EDITOR. label add|remove label number Add or remove label to/from issue number. You can use al or rl instead of, respectively, label add and label remove. search term, s term Search for term. comment number, m number Create a comment for issue number (with $EDITOR). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Show issue details (only for show, list and search commands). Default is false. -V, --version Show program's version number and exit. -s STATE, --state=STATE Specify state (only for list and search (except "all") commands). Choices are: open (o), closed (c), all (a). Default is open. -r REPO, --repo=REPO, --repository=REPO Specify a repository. The format: "user/repo" or just "repo" (latter will get the user from the global git config). -w, --web, --webbrowser Show issue(s) GitHub page in web browser (only for list and show commands). Default is false. AUTHOR
github-cli was written by Sander Smits <jhmsmits@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). April 13, 2010 GHI(1)