Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get the specified content of the text into a variable. Post 302410885 by dineshmurs on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 05:16:07 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Thanks for your replay.After using the above cmd i am getting the following error
Error
====
No such file or directory
Test1.sh[21]: ./usr1/Server/temp/app.env ./usr1/Server/temp/upp/app.env ./usr1/Server/ORIG_temp/app.env ./usr1/Server/ORIG_temp/upp/app.env ./usr1/Server/work_temp_40/app.env ./usr1/Server/work_temp_40/upp/app.env ./usr1/fd/app.env ./usr1/PurgeArchive/app.env ./usr1/bm/bin/app.env ./usr1/apps/bin/app.env ./usr1/apps/ORIG_bin/app.env: cannot open

For your reference i am pasting the code

Code
======
find_name=$(find . -name "app.env");
var=$(tr ' ' "\n" < $find_name| grep "\/temp\/app.env")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a variable content

Hi, variable1="This is a car" Now I want to replace the content of variable1, "car" to "dog". Is there any simple command I can use. Thanks. Joseph (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephwong
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of Content of a variable!

I got a sample BASH script like this : $ cat test MYVAR=$1 DUMMY1="This is tricky" DUMMY2=24 echo $ $ ./test DUMMY1 ./test: line 5: This is tricky: syntax error in expression (error token is "is tricky") **I was expecting the output as "This is tricky", ah! but no luck **But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of variable

I have a variable that contains filenames like this: variable="file_1.extension<blank>file_2.extension<blank>file_3.extension<blank>file_4.extension and so on" How can I make filenames to be separated by newline: (I tried Sed but it didn't worked well) file_1.extension file_2.extension... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

addressing variable content...

I want to address a variable content whose name is/matches the content of a given other variable. i.e. set name=´sam´ set ${name}_age=´27´ So, by typing: echo ${name}_age I correctly obtain: sam_age By typing: echo $sam_age or echo ${sam_age} I correctly obtain: 27 But how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobolev
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get content of a variable into text file (sed)?

Hello, Im working on this problem for 3 days now and i just cant get it to work.. I tried with alot of different sed methods but didnt find any solution. Its proberly verry simple but i just started bash scripting for a month or so.. i have a file called: file.nfo and file.txt the content... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put content of file into a variable?

For example, I have a simple text file note: this a note a simple note a very very simple notewhen I use this command, temp=$(cat "note.txt")then I echo temp, the result is in one line. echo $temp note: this a note a simple note a very very simple noteMy variable doesn't have newline. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop over variable content

Hello all, I do have a variable containing one line like this: Waiting for job XXXXXX to start I needed to get the 'XXXXXX' literal, so I did the following: job_interno=`echo $log_exec | sed 's/.*Waiting for job \(*\).*/\1/' ` #other stuff Now, my variable is have more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting ls content into a file using variable

hi i just cant figure out how can i do this ls -lt > log.txt using $PWD what i mean is how can i get the ls command content into a file using $PWD variable? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of variable by their content in a file

Dear all, I have a "SQL request" in a file: that request include different "host variable" and I would like to substitute the different "host variable" by their respective content before executing the request. For example: $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ cat dae2.txt DELETE FROM ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
11 Replies
Plack::Handler::CGI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Plack::Handler::CGI(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Handler::CGI - CGI handler for Plack SYNOPSIS
Want to run PSGI application as a CGI script? Rename .psgi to .cgi and change the shebang line like: #!/usr/bin/env plackup # rest of the file can be the same as other .psgi file You can alternatively create a .cgi file that contains something like: #!/usr/bin/perl use Plack::Loader; my $app = Plack::Util::load_psgi("/path/to/app.psgi"); Plack::Loader->auto->run($app); This will auto-recognize the CGI environment variable to load this class. If you really want to explicitly load the CGI handler, you can. For instance you might do this when you want to embed a PSGI application server built into CGI-compatible perl-based web server: use Plack::Handler::CGI; Plack::Handler::CGI->new->run($app); DESCRIPTION
This is a handler module to run any PSGI application as a CGI script. UTILITY METHODS
setup_env() my $env = Plack::Handler::CGI->setup_env(); my $env = Plack::Handler::CGI->setup_env(\%override_env); Sets up the PSGI environment hash for a CGI request from %ENV> and returns it. You can can provide a hashref of key/value pairs to override the defaults if you would like. SEE ALSO
Plack perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 Plack::Handler::CGI(3pm)