Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is SFTP ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is SFTP ? Post 302410861 by Gopal_Engg on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 04:12:10 AM
Old 04-07-2010
corrected !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Sftp

I have researched this with no joy and this is my last resort. I have restricted the ftp access to an LPAR running AIX 5.3 using /etc/ftpaccess such that the user is stuck in their home directory. Not ever having tried it imagine my surprise when I connected using SFTP and the user could move to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SFTP help

HI All, I am trying to figure out a thing in solaris . The basic requirement is as follows: I will need to login from my solaris server (which should be non interactive to a cleint server )which has only Sftp option. i have generated the required keys and able to do the same. I am using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
1 Replies

3. Solaris

sftp

hi sftp is not working: -bash-3.00# sftp zeus Connecting to zeus... /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 32: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 33: Bad configuration option: Subsystem /etc/ssh/ssh_config: terminating, 2 bad configuration options Connection closed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in sftp.

Hi, I am doing sftp from remote server1 to remote server2. This is done through a script. This script was working fine. But if i am tranfer files of 120 MB only some part of the file gets transferred (around 9 MB). Incase i put the same file manually it gets uploaded successfully. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishb
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP

Please ignore this message (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B. Bhanumurthy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
pnmgamma(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmgamma(1)

NAME
pnmgamma - perform gamma correction on a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmgamma [-ungamma] [-cieramp|-srgbramp] [value [pnmfile]] pnmgamma [-ungamma] [-cieramp|-srgbramp] redgamma greengamma bluegamma [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Performs gamma correction on pseudo-PNM images. The PPM format specification specify that certain sample values in a file represent certain light intensities in an image. In particular, they specify that the sample values are directly proportional to gamma-corrected intensity values. The gamma correction they specify is CIE Rec. 709. However, people sometimes work with approximations of PPM and PGM where the relationship between the image intensities and the sample val- ues are something else. For example, the sample value might be directly proportional to the intensity with no gamma correction (often called "linear intensity"). Or a different gamma transfer function may be used. pnmgamma allows you to manipulate the transfer function, thus working with and/or creating pseudo-PPM files that are useful for various things. For example, if you feed a true PPM to pnmgamma -cieramp -ungamma, you get as output a file which is PPM in every respect except that the sample values are directly proportional to the light intensities in the image. If you feed such a file to pnmgamma -cieramp, you get out a true PPM. The situation for PGM images is analogous. And pnmgamma treats PBM images as PGM images. When you feed a linear PPM image to a display program that expects a true PPM, the display appears darker than it should, so pnmgamma has the effect of lightening the image. When you feed a true PPM to a display program that expects linear sample values, and therefore does a gamma correction of its own on them, the display appears lighter than it should, so pnmgamma with a gamma value less than one (the multi- plicative inverse of whatever gamma value the display program uses) has the effect of darkening the image. PARAMETERS
The only parameters are the specification of the input image file and the gamma values. Every gamma transfer function pnmgamma uses con- tains an exponent, which is the gamma value, and you can choose that value. Furthermore, you can choose different values for each of the three RGB components. If you specify only one gamma value, pnmgamma uses that value for all three RGB components. If you don't specify any gamma parameters, pnmgamma chooses a default. For the transfer functions defined by standards, the default is the value defined by the standard. If you specify anything else, you will be varying from the standard. For the simple power function trans- fer function, the default gamma is 1/.45. OPTIONS
-ungamma Apply the inverse of the specified transfer function (i.e. go from gamma-corrected nonlinear intensities to linear intensities). -cieramp Use the CIE Rec. 709 gamma transfer function. Note that it is true CIE Rec. 709 only if you use the default gamma value (i.e. don't specify any gamma parameters). This transfer function is a power function modified with a linear ramp near black. If you specify neither -cieramp nor -srgbramp, the transfer function defaults to a simple power function. -srgbramp Use the Internation Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) SRGB gamma transfer function (as specified in the standard IEC 61966-2-1). Note that it is true SRGB only if you use the default gamma value (i.e. don't specify any gamma parameters). This transfer function is like the one selected by -cieramp, but with different constants in it. Note that SRGB is often spelled "sRGB". In this document, we use standard English typography, though, which doesn't allow for that kind of capitalization. If you specify neither -cieramp nor -srgbramp, the transfer function defaults to a simple power function. WHAT IS GAMMA
? A good explanation of gamma is in Charles Poynton's GammaFAQ at <http://www.inforamp.net/~poynton/ColorFAQ.html> and ColorFAQ at <http://www.inforamp.net/~poynton/GammaFAQ.html> In brief: The simplest way to code an image is by using sample values that are directly proportional to the intensity of the color compo- nents. But that wastes the sample space because the human eye can't discern differences between low-intensity colors as well as it can between high-intensity colors. So instead, we pass the light intensity values through a transfer function that makes it so that changing a sample value by 1 causes the same level of perceived color change anywhere in the sample range. We store those resulting values in the image file. That transfer function is called the gamma transfer function and the transformation is called gamma correcting. Virtually all image formats, either specified or de facto, use gamma-corrected values for their sample values. What's really nice about gamma is that by coincidence, the inverse function that you have to do to convert the gamma-corrected values back to real light intensities is done automatically by CRTs. You just apply a voltage to the CRT's electron gun that is proportional to the gamma-corrected sample value, and the intensity of light that comes out of the screen is close to the intensity value you had before you applied the gamma transfer function! And when you consider that computer video devices usually want you to store in video memory a value proportional to the signal voltage you want to go to the monitor, which the monitor turns into a proportional drive voltage on the electron gun, it is really convenient to work with gamma-corrected sample values. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Bill Davidson and Jef Poskanzer. 11 June 2001 pnmgamma(1)