Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Input a variable and write to a file using awk Post 302410488 by ladyAnne on Tuesday 6th of April 2010 06:42:03 AM
Old 04-06-2010
thank u very much. this works like a charm. I appreciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write shell script for input file name format checking?

Hello, I had written a shell script that accepts input file as cmd line argument and process this file. if ; then if ; then . $1 LOGFILE="$LOG_FILE/MIG_BIOS.log"; get_input_file else ERROR_CODE=MSCRM0005_003 error "$ERROR_CODE : Input file $1 is not available"; exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk built-in variable for input file

Hi guys, Does awk have a built-in variable which I can use to display the input file it's currently reading? I'm currently concatenating multiple files using awk and later on do some parsing. But for now, I want to add an extra column in the main output data file - basically putting in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Det7
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unfold the data from a input file and write to a file

I am working on a script to unfold data for each column from a specific line of data and write output in a single line. Input data looks like this. 2011-09-26 INF UM_10 UserMana Starting synchronization for security domain 14:37:31 080 gementSe . rvice I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable as input to awk command

Hi Gurus, I need a suggestion, please help. I have a input file as below : abc.txt : * xxxx: 00000 xxxxx: 00000 xxxx: RANDOM xxx: RANDOM **************************xxxxxxx*** * abc ****************************** abc: abc: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
3 Replies

6. Programming

take input from a variable as pattern to awk

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to take contents of a variable as a pattern for awk command. Am doing as below, but doesnt get any output: $c = "Tue Dec"; $log = ` awk '/ \$c /' in.txt`; print $log; (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandrec
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as an input file to AWK comand

Hi, I would like to compare 2 files using awk, which I can do by using: awk 'NR==FNR{a;next} (NR > 32 && $2 in a) {print $0}' File1 and File2. If the name of the File1 is in another file (for example, column 4 in File 3) then how can I pass this column 4 to the awk command. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML variable for input in same input file

Dear All , i stuck in one problem executing xml .. i have input xml as <COMMAND name="ARRANGEMENT.WRITE" timestamp="0" so="initial"> <SVLOBJECT> <LONG name="CSP_PMNT_ID" val="-1"/> <MONEY name="CSP_CEILING" amount="0.0" currency="AUD"/> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable input to awk script

Hi guys, I wrote the following function to compare two csv files column by column. However, sometimes the input needs to be sorted before parsing it to awk. I can do this by changing the awk arguments, but I would like to make this variable if possible. The below doesn't work since the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)