Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Redirection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Redirection Post 302410391 by amitranjansahu on Monday 5th of April 2010 11:59:29 PM
Old 04-06-2010
You can do a little search in google.
Any way check this link , hope it will help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redirection_(computing)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help with redirection

Here is my problem. I don't know make this redirection thing work. The output file (called output.c) looks like this #include<stdio.h> int main() { int k; int m; print f("%d\n", k); printf("%d\n", m); return 0; } the input file(called input.c) is this #include<stdio.h> int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shallon1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection

Hi, The code below works, it's a part of a bash shell script that serve to search a pattern $pattern_da_cercare in the files contained in a directory $directory_iniziale. Now the proble is: How can I redirect stderr to a file? PS: so I want to redirect ALL the errors to a file. I tryed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection problem

hi all, how to redirect the stdout msg in command line and file at the same time? e.g i got the script named test.sh, content as following: #!/bin/sh echo "111" when i run the script ./test.sh > log.log, it will wirte the "111" into log.log, but how to show the "111" in command line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Redirection

Hi, I have a Perl script that finds some files based on some criteria and then it processes the file contents using some logic. Extract: print "Started ... "; my $command = "<unix command>"; @arr=`$command`; $size=@arr; print "Size: ".$size If I turn on the Perl debugging option then I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/O redirection

Hello everyone,I'm reading a book and there's code fragment: exec 3>&1 ls -l 2>&1 >&3 3>&- | grep bad 3>&- exec 3>&- It says that the red part of that code does not close fd 3 but the green does close the fd 3.I can't understand that.....Why?Any predicate will be appreciated.:) (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
18 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache redirection

Hello I have a domain where i need a redirection as described below : i.e mydomain.com/t-ABC-048796/sample.jpg must redirect to mydomain.com/jjj/top/8796/sample.jpg As you can see from the source URL (mydomain.com/t-ABC-048796/sample.jpg) i need the last four characters... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection question

I want to redirect stderr and have the following peice of code $ cat t1.ksh #!/bin/ksh func2() { diff /tmp/jdlkwjdlkejew /tmp/djlkwejdlewdjew >$OUTPUT_FILE 2>>$ERR_FILE } func1() { let counter=0 while do print -u2 "Error: In main function" func2 let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection

Hello All, I am using the below script to gather various tools running by the user, we have more than 100 tools running on the server so my challenge is to redirect memory & cpu load to the file with the name of the tool.so am using the below script i am stucking how to redirect to the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris redirection

Hi I am using solaris 10. When running a grep command with multiple files the output is the same as the order of the input. As soon as I pipe the output to another command then it seems that standard error takes precedence, over standard output and gets sent to the pipe first. ie grep -c... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chronics
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about different redirection

explain the redirections 1>, 2>, 3>, ..... and 1< ,2<,3<..... where we use these things thanks Thread moved from AIX forum (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
2 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)