Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Problems using shutdown -u command Post 302410221 by tlarkin on Monday 5th of April 2010 10:11:46 AM
Old 04-05-2010
I just use the built in settings in System Preferences for my servers and it seems to work. Sometimes they will hang on shutdown though and will have to be cycled manually. Under the power options in System Preferences

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help unable to shutdown- RPC problems

I seem to have consistent problems shuting down whichever init state I use basically I get the following errors messages followed by a return to the prompt # shutdown -i6 -g0 -y Shutdown started. Tue Oct 1 09:47:03 BST 2002 Broadcast Message from root (pts/1) on hermione Tue Oct 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help unable to shutdown- RPC problems

Help unable to shutdown- RPC problems I seem to have consistent problems shuting down whichever init state I use basically I get the following errors messages followed by a return to the prompt # shutdown -i6 -g0 -y Shutdown started. Tue Oct 1 09:47:03 BST 2002 Broadcast Message from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vviscomi
1 Replies

3. Solaris

shutdown question from command line

solaris 10 logged in as root to command line...want to shut the system down....could not do this....when i chose shutdown the system seemed to squawk at me saying i'd lose whatever i was working on would be lost unless i logged out...after proceeding through this it took me to the gui log in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drisnya
6 Replies

4. AIX

shutdown command

Hi, After issuing shutdown -F or shutdown -F now my server is getting restarted. Any Idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

6. AIX

Shutdown command

Hi, is there a difference between shutdown -Fand shutdown -h now? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x_adm
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

cronjob Command for Shutdown

Hi Guys Pls give me cronjob command for Network pcs to be shutDown on 06:05 PM is it possible to do in cronjob ? :wall: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script when shutdown or reboot command is given

This is probably a simple question, but I'm new with writing scripts for Linux (IPFire in this case) and Google wasn't helpful with this. When creating a script, what is the best and/or proper way to have it exit automatically if the reboot or shutdown command is given? If that's even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartgrefte
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with shutdown command in script (MacOS High Sierra)

Hello, I have a backup script that runs an rsync backup to an external drive. I use the script frequently on Windows and Linux and have installed it on a Mac. The script has an option to run shutdown after the backup has completed. Since backup can take hours to run, this is an option that is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
10 Replies
SmartCardServices-legacy(7)			       BSD Miscellaneous Information Manual			       SmartCardServices-legacy(7)

NAME
SmartCardServices-legacy -- overview of legacy SmartCard support DESCRIPTION
SmartCardServices-legacy is a set of components which add native support for SmartCards to OS X based on Tokend modules. Since OS X 10.12, there is SmartCard support which is described in SmartCardServices(7) Supported SmartCards appear as separate keychains. A Tokend module for each SmartCard you wish to use must be installed in /Library/Security/tokend USB SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
OS X has built-in support for USB CCID class-compliant SmartCard readers. For other readers, install the reader driver in /usr/local/libexec/SmartCardServices/drivers. Each driver is a bundle. The bundle contains an XML file Info.plist which contains the device's USB vendor ID and product ID. For detailed description of the plist format and how to write a reader driver, see http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html SMART CARD APDU LOGGING
It is possible to turn on logging for SmartCards by setting the global preference: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard Logging -bool yes After a SmartCard reader is connected (or after reboot) all operations including contents of sent and received APDU messages are then logged into the system log. Logging uses the facility com.apple.security.smartcard.log so it is possible to set up filtering of these logs into custom targets (see asl.conf(5)) To avoid security risks that could occur if logging is turned on indefinitely, the logging setting is one-shot - it must be turned on by the command above to start logging again with a new reader. This includes unplugging and replugging the same reader. DISABLING NEW SMART CARD SUPPORT
It is possible to turn of the new tokens by setting the global preference: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens -array com.apple.CryptoTokenKit.pivtoken DISABLING SHEET AUTHORIZATION IN PREFERENCES
When using tokend-based SmartCards, according to your configuration you may not be able to use SmartCards for authorization in System Prefer- ences sheets. In such case, you can disable sheets using following command: defaults write com.apple.Preferences UseSheets -bool FALSE System Preferences will then use the original dialog-based authorization. ENTITLEMENT
Sandboxed PCSC clients require 'com.apple.security.smartcard=YES' entitlement. Non-sandboxed PCSC clients do not require such entitlement (in order to keep backward compatibility with macOS < 10.10). SEE ALSO
SmartCardServices(7), sc_auth(8), defaults(1), asl.conf(5), ssh-keychain(8) Mac OS X August 5, 2014 Mac OS X