Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount a firewire drive? Post 302410220 by incredible on Monday 5th of April 2010 10:09:43 AM
Old 04-05-2010
either Start your volmgt daemon
/etc/init.d/volmgt start (check if its mounted)

OR

stop volmgt daemon
/etc/init.d/volmgt stop

iostat -En (check for which cxtxdx your device points to)
then manually mount as follows:
mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/cxtxdxs0:c /mnt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount a remote drive

How do I mount a directory that is on another server that has already shared it? mount 555.555.444.44:/cdrom0 does not work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowrats
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mount NTFS drive ???????

can someone help tell me how to mount NTFS drive in redhat 7.1 1. is this correct ? dev/hda1 mnt/c ntfs-t defaults 0 0 2.is the mount file etc/fstab thanking you all ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount a drive

I connected an external SCSI drive, I see it when I do 'format', I went ahead and formatted it. How do I mount it now though so I can use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I mount this drive?

Hi, I have a second drive that I just put in my computer and I formatted it with gparted to ext3. 1) How do I get Ubuntu 8.10 to automount this drive it boots up and allow programs like VMSERVER see it? I asks since I want to install a virutal machine on this drive. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mount old hard drive

Hi guys, I have been looking around and searching for the past hour and did not see anything. but please forgive me if I missed something. I had a sparc 10 ultra cpu die on me, I got a replacement server from a very generous guy here, now I am getting around to remounting my old hard drive with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrDarkMatter
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount the cd/dvd drive

· Next, you will need to install the software package that provides DHCP services (a.k.a. the DHCP daemon software). It is located on the installation DVD ISO image for the CentOS Linux Distribution. Associate the (Disc 1 of 2) DVD ISO with the virtual machine's CD/DVD optical drive, create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

8. SCO

How to mount MO drive?

Hello, I have a PC with SCO operating system with a graphical program that access MO drive to write some log data. This program automatically format and write data on MO disck. MO drive was working good before but now when i try to write data, MO drive starts to be busy but after some minutes i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How do I mount a USB Hard Drive?

I have a Sun-Fire V440 running with Solaris 9 and am trying to get a WD USB Hard Drive mounted. None of the articles I've read so far have helped. Output from rmformat: Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/rmdisk0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0s2 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtimertj
17 Replies
FIREWIRE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       FIREWIRE(4)

NAME
firewire -- IEEE1394 High-performance Serial Bus SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device firewire Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): firewire_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
FreeBSD provides machine-independent bus support and raw drivers for firewire interfaces. The firewire driver consists of two layers: the controller and the bus layer. The controller attaches to a physical bus (like pci(4)). The firewire bus attaches to the controller. Additional drivers can be attached to the bus. Up to 63 devices, including the host itself, can be attached to a firewire bus. The root node is dynamically assigned with a PHY device function. Also, the other firewire bus specific parameters, e.g., node ID, cycle master, isochronous resource manager and bus manager, are dynamically assigned, after bus reset is initiated. On the firewire bus, every device is identified by an EUI 64 address. FILES
/dev/fw0.0 /dev/fwmem0.0 SEE ALSO
fwe(4), fwip(4), fwohci(4), pci(4), sbp(4), eui64(5), fwcontrol(8), kldload(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The firewire driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The firewire driver was written by Katsushi Kobayashi and Hidetoshi Shimokawa for the FreeBSD project. BUGS
See fwohci(4) for security notes. BSD
April 1, 2006 BSD