Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl Post 302410213 by durden_tyler on Monday 5th of April 2010 09:52:47 AM
Old 04-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rechever
when I ran these commands on the command line it works
Code:

file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat)
echo $file_seq "file_seq"
file2=eft$(expr $file_seq + 1).dat
echo $file2 "file2"
file3=eftsql$(expr $file_seq + 1).dat
echo $file3 "file3"

The commands work on your command line because the file "eftseq.dat" exists in your current directory.

Quote:
Code:

quote pass gvf1!3Mk
cd orgs
cd "Financial Aid"
cd MIIS
cd 0910
cd FTP
get 04051000.DSB
cat -n inner
file_seq=+ + No such file or directory
rzpeftf[143]: eftseq.dat: cannot open
rzpeftf[143]: eftseq.dat: cannot open
+ shl pain
rzpeftf[163]: shl: not found

They don't work here because the file "eftseq.dat" does not exist in the directory of your remote ftp server where you've logged on.

HTH,
tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming file from text in a file

Hello all, I've read a couple different posts on this subject but couldn't quite get what I'm trying to do to work. I have a file and the last line always ends with the text below (without the "s), except the number 294 will be different each time. I want to rename this file to the number that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: isonic1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems coping a file in a shl script

I have the following in a shl script: SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"; FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log"; LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST"; SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"; FILE_NAME='new_applicant_list'; I want to copy the file FILE_NAME to LIST_FILE_PATH ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file and check for the renamed file existence

Hi Am trying to move a file from one name to another When I do "ls" to check for the moved filename I can see the file but when I try the same with a script am unable.. I think am doing some pretty silly error.. please help.. toMove=`ls | grep -E "partition.+"` mv $toMove partition._org... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IDs from a text file into a sequence alignment file

Hi, I have one file with one column and several hundred entries File1: NA1 NA2 NA3And now I need to run a command within a mapping aligner tool to insert these sample names into a sequence alignment file (SAM) such that they look like this @RG ID:Library1 SM:NA1 PL:Illumina ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file with sequence number

Hi team, I need a script for renaming a file with sequence number. script get a file from one directory, /home/billing/Cmm/sms/sms_tmp, append sequence no at the end of file name and move a file to other directory, /home/billing/Cmm/sms/. Actual file is cdr201508271527, and file after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
10 Replies
IFRIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  IFRIT(1)

NAME
ifrit - a powerful tool that can be used to visualize 3-dimensional data sets SYNOPSIS
ifrit [qt-options] [options] [dir_name] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ifrit command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. OPTIONS
-8 accepts an 8-bit display -d starts IFRIT with all windows docked together into a single window. -nf does not show the splash screen at start-up -sw uses small font to reduce the QT window size -rw IFRIT is being used remotely. This option can be used to minimize re-drawing of the widget windows. -ni IFRIT is not idiosyncratic. This prompts IFRIT not to ask for a confirmation when exiting or running scripts. -np number sets the number of processors to use. Note that only some parts of IFRIT support parallel execution so far. -i file_name loads the state from the previously saved state file filename. -b file_name runs IFRIT in batch mode, taking animation script from the file filename. If filename starts with sign "+", standard directories (see ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES ) will be prepended to the file name. -h -help show the list of available command-line options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
IFRIT understands the following environment variables (all in capitals): IFRIT_DIR The main IFRIT directory where you keep the variable file ifrit.nam and options file(s) ifrit.ini. If this variable is not set, IFRIT assumes that current directory is the main directory. IFRIT_DATA_DIR: The default directory for the data files. If not set, IFRIT will start searching for the data files in the current directory. IFRIT_MESH_DATA_DIR The default directory for the mesh data files. If not set, IFRIT will start searching for the mesh data in the default data direc- tory. IFRIT_PART_DATA_DIR The default directory for the particle data files. If not set, IFRIT will start searching for the particle data in the default data directory. IFRIT_VECT_DATA_DIR The default directory for the vector field data files. If not set, IFRIT will start searching for the vector field data in the default data directory. IFRIT_TENS_DATA_DIR The default directory for the tensor field data files. If not set, IFRIT will start searching for the tensor field data in the default data directory. IFRIT_IMAGE_DIR The directory where IFRIT will place image and animation files. If not set, IFRIT will put image files into the current directory. IFRIT_SCRIPT_DIR The directory where IFRIT will place animation scripts. If not set, IFRIT will put scripts into its main directory. IFRIT_PALETTE_DIR The directory where IFRIT will place custom palettes. If not set, IFRIT will put palettes into its main directory. SEE ALSO
The IFRIT help system. AUTHOR
This manual page was adapted by Mark Hymers <mark.hymers@ncl.ac.uk> from the ifrit help system, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). September 09, 2004 IFRIT(1)