Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Serial Split Brain detected in solaris10 Post 302409910 by upengan78 on Friday 2nd of April 2010 10:55:00 PM
Old 04-02-2010
Cool, FSCK is done.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brain Bench Certification

Hi, Can anybody provide me Pointers to Practice tests or any Material to prepare for Brainbench certification in Unix Shell Scripting? Also how good is this Certification for UNIX programmers. Is it worth it? I'm planning to take this certification in 2 weeks. Kindly let me know all the pros... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_emani
0 Replies

2. Programming

C Brain Teaser

Dear Gurus, I have encountered a C question, which I thought of sharing with you. This question was asked by one of my technical training staff...Though my training was over I'm still thinking of a solution for this.. Write a C program to do a small task(lets say just simply printing a "Hello... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
34 Replies

3. Programming

Brain Teaser Extended

Hi Gurus, To the Brain Teaser, if I add another condition, say the executable should not be altered, how the program should be altered? (no perl please, purely C). I forgot to mention this condition my staff had mentioned. ( forgot then and got now :D ) The program executed the first time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Human Brain project

A global group of scientists are spending the next ten years and a billion dollars to try and develop a computer simulation of the brain: https://www.humanbrainproject.eu/ I always found it fascinating that the brain can understand itself. This almost sounds like in a few years the computer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)