Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Serial Split Brain detected in solaris10 Post 302409888 by reborg on Friday 2nd of April 2010 09:43:47 PM
Old 04-02-2010
That's a bit odd.

Can you dissociate the subdisk:

Code:
vxsd -g myapp-dg dis myapp-dg03-01

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brain Bench Certification

Hi, Can anybody provide me Pointers to Practice tests or any Material to prepare for Brainbench certification in Unix Shell Scripting? Also how good is this Certification for UNIX programmers. Is it worth it? I'm planning to take this certification in 2 weeks. Kindly let me know all the pros... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_emani
0 Replies

2. Programming

C Brain Teaser

Dear Gurus, I have encountered a C question, which I thought of sharing with you. This question was asked by one of my technical training staff...Though my training was over I'm still thinking of a solution for this.. Write a C program to do a small task(lets say just simply printing a "Hello... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
34 Replies

3. Programming

Brain Teaser Extended

Hi Gurus, To the Brain Teaser, if I add another condition, say the executable should not be altered, how the program should be altered? (no perl please, purely C). I forgot to mention this condition my staff had mentioned. ( forgot then and got now :D ) The program executed the first time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Human Brain project

A global group of scientists are spending the next ten years and a billion dollars to try and develop a computer simulation of the brain: https://www.humanbrainproject.eu/ I always found it fascinating that the brain can understand itself. This almost sounds like in a few years the computer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
vxunreloc(1M)															     vxunreloc(1M)

NAME
vxunreloc - move a hot-relocated subdisk back to its original disk SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxunreloc [-f] [-g diskgroup] [-n dm_name] [-t tasktag] dm_name DESCRIPTION
The Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) hot-relocation feature can detect an I/O failure in a subdisk, relocate the subdisk, and recover the plex associated with the subdisk. vxunreloc lets you reverse the process and move the hot-relocated subdisks back onto a disk that was replaced after a disk failure. dm_name specifies the disk where the hot-relocated subdisks originally resided. The -n option moves the subdisks to a different disk from where VxVM originally relocated them. For example, when disk03 fails, all the subdisks residing on it are hot-relocated to other disks. After the disk is repaired, it is added back to the disk group using a different name, for example, disk05. If you wanted to move all the hot-relocated subdisks back to the repaired disk, you would enter: /etc/vx/bin/vxunreloc -n disk05 disk03 When vxunreloc moves the hot-relocated subdisks, it moves them to their original offsets. However, if there was a subdisk that occupied part or all of the area on the destination disk, vxunreloc prints an error message and exits. In this situation, you can use the -f option to unrelocate the subdisks to a specified disk, but not to their original offsets. OPTIONS
-f Unrelocates a subdisk to a different offset if unrelocating to the original offset is not possible. -g diskgroup Unrelocates a subdisk from the specified disk group. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -n dm_name Specifies a new disk name to relocate to a disk with a different name. -t tasktag Specifies a tag to pass to the underlying utility. SUBDISK RECORD FIELDS
orig_dmname When a subdisk is hot-relocated, its original disk media name is stored in the orig_dmname field. When you run the vxunreloc command to move the subdisk back to the original disk (or to a new disk), this field is cleared. Before you run the vxunreloc command, you can do a search on this field to determine the subdisks that originated from a failed disk. For example, the fol- lowing command lists all the subdisks that were hot-relocated from mydg01 in the disk group mydg. Note that you must prefix the field name with "sd_" for the command to work. vxprint -g mydg -se 'sd_orig_dmname="mydg01"' orig_dmoffset When a subdisk is hot-relocated, its offset into the original disk is stored in the orig_dmoffset field. When you run vxunreloc to move the subdisk to the original disk, or to a new disk, this field is zeroed. The following command lists a hot-relocated subdisk which originally resided at disk10 at offset 1000. Again note that you must prefix the field names with "sd_" for the command to work. vxprint -g dg01 -se 'sd_orig_dmname="disk10" && sd_orig_dmoffset=1000' EXIT CODES
If the operation fails, vxunreloc exits with a non-zero status. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encoun- tered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxprint(1M), vxrelocd(1M), vxsd(1M), vxsparecheck(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxunreloc(1M)