Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 310-202 Question
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 310-202 Question Post 302409821 by solaris_user on Friday 2nd of April 2010 05:16:11 PM
Old 04-02-2010
Cheat !

Code:
vi /etc/default/login

comment out the following line as follows

Code:
# If CONSOLE is set, root can only login on that device.
# Comment this line out to allow remote login by root.
#
# CONSOLE=/dev/console

that was a joke

Telnet is under smf control so this is a book bug , you can see status of telnet using

Code:
svcs -xv |grep telnet

As far I know telnet is not in usage anymore , you can use SSH which is secure telnet

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Advice - Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015

I think I am ready for the 310-014 exam but not quite ready for the 310-015 exam as I still have a lot of study and practice to do to prepare for it.. Do most people sit the 014 exam and then prepare for the second exam? Any advice on how to tackle these is appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015 Can anyone recommend some good study guides?

Hello, I'm going to be studying for my Solaris 9 System Administrator Certification and wondered if anyone had taken the exams and could recommend some good study guides / crams / books. Cheers, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unrealuk
8 Replies

3. AIX

change user id from 200 to 202

Hi AIX Experts, i need your help in this issue, i want to change user id of xyz user from 200 to 202 note that this xyz user owner for many files and directories so my issue how to change the user id from 200 to 202 and the files still under his ownership this is an urgent work ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_day1
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302)

I want to start studying for Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302) Are there any books or study guides for this? I am pumping a dry well on Amazon and Borders... What have you used to study for this? Is there anything out there that is reasonable? I am not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 OS, Part I (CX-310-200)

Hi all, I have been reading for Sun Solaris Administrator exam (CX-310-200) but i have kind of been dragging. Is there anyone preparing for this exam so we could make like a study group or accountability partner. Awaiting your response. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkechifesie
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision doc?

Dear All, I am going to examine SA202 but I got SA-202-S10 revision A.1 so it might be out of date. Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision document? Could you share it ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

310-202 question

Hi guys, i need help : The system admin wants to configure user_attr(4)sources in the /etc/nsswitch.conf Which line needs to be configured? a: passwd b: user_attr The answer is A but wait !! I did a man nsswitch.conf and user_attr is a valid database ( at least for soalris 10) ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0011
0 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)