Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH Connection To Oracle
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH Connection To Oracle Post 302409798 by khand67 on Friday 2nd of April 2010 02:08:56 PM
Old 04-02-2010
SSH Connection To Oracle

My problem is this....Smilie

Platform=Sun Solaris UNIX / Oracle 10g

1) I'm trying to SSH from my local system A to remote system B

2) Once connected, I need to sudo to ID that has the ability to connect to the Oracle database

3) Then run a script that connects via sqlplus and pulls data back to local machine, in directory of choice. Can this be done? Thanks in advance..

Here is the contents of my query/script i will be running..

select substr(decryptstr(cc_number,'&enc_key'),1,16), ';',
a.ACCOUNT_STATUS, ';',
substr(decryptstr(b.first_name,'&enc_key'),1,20), ';',
substr(decryptstr(b.last_name,'&enc_key'), 1,20), ';',
a.SYS_CREATION_DATE
from registration_info r, accounts a, addresses b
where r.cy_account_id=a.cy_account_id
and r.fi_id=a.fi_id
and r.CY_USER_ID = a.CY_USER_ID
and r.CY_USER_ID = b.CY_USER_ID
and r.FI_ID = b.FI_ID
and a.ADDRESS_ID = b.ADDRESS_ID
and r.fi_id = '12345.test';

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix + oracle connection

Requirements: Using a shell script I have to check the 4 values from a table in Oracle and then store the result as "Y" in a Unix variable if the values are desired and "N" if the values are not desired. Explanation: There is a table abc in oracle which has 4 fields. if all the four values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: decci_7
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Oracle 9i ODBC connection

I am attempting to access an Oracle 9i database located on a Solaris server from an XP client. The server is running Oracle 9i9.2.0.1.0 and the XP is Oracle client 9i 9.2.0.1.0. When I start a listener on the server, the listener starts but I receive a message “The listener supports no services”. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get two variables from oracle in a single connection

Hi all In my script i am getting two variables year and month from oracle by making two connections. In the first connection i am getting varaibel year and again i am making another connection and getting month variable from oracle. Is there any way i can get two field values from oracle and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle connection with UBUNTU

Hi all, Will I be able to connect to oracle using UBUNTU. If so, can any one provide me the steps. I want to try table archival and sql loader using control files. Please do help. Thanks, Raaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raaga
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Oracle connection error

I've a Centralized Server which can connect to all Oracle Databases. When I was trying the below code it doesn't work, But tnsping was working fine. #!D:/perl5/bin/perl.exe use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:QBDIWCE', 'IDUSER', 'SECRET123#' ) || die( $DBI::errstr . "\n" ) ; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help in pro*c for Oracle connection

hi, am making oracle connection through pro*c using the following command sample: exec sql connect username identified by password. but m getting the following errors frequently even though listener and db is running fine but some times code is working fine and not giving errors. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)