Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris difference between "root" and "usr" packages Post 302409710 by jlliagre on Friday 2nd of April 2010 06:19:40 AM
Old 04-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by masloff
So, in general it doesn`t really matter which package is installed - root or usr?
It does matter a lot. When both root and usr packages exist like SUNWGtku and SUNWGtkr, both must be installed. / and /usr serve different purposes, they aren't alternative installation locations.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

4. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

5. AIX

Change "root" to "root.admin" in outgoing e-mails

Our AIX servers send e-mails which have the "from" address set to "root@company.com" for our root user ("C{M}company.com" in /etc/sendmail.cf). The problem is that when bad e-mails are sent out or rejected by remote servers, they are being returned and delivered to e-mail box of "Mary Root". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mindboggling difference between using "tee" and "/usr/bin/tee" in bash

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 and I manually updated my coreutils so that "tee" is now on version 8.27 I was running a script using bash where there is some write to pipe error at some point causing the tee command to exit abruptly while the script continues to run. The newer version of tee seems to prevent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stompadon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_BUGFILES(1)