Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX insert a line with variables using sed Post 302409453 by sugan on Thursday 1st of April 2010 08:24:21 AM
Old 04-01-2010
You are a UNIX Genius!!!
Thank you very much Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - how to insert chars into a line

Hi I'm new to sed, and need to add characters into a specific location of a file, the fileds are tab seperated. text <tab> <tab> text <tab> text EOL I need to add more characters to the line to look like this: text <tab> <tab> newtext <tab> text <tab> text EOL Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tangentviper
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text at particular line

I know that sed -n '12p' file will print line 12 but how might I insert text to a specified line? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: action_owl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text file at first line

sed '1r file.txt' <source.txt >desti.txt This example will insert 'file.txt' between line 1 and 2 of source.txt. sed '0r file.txt' <source.txt >desti.txt gives an error message. Does anyone know how 'sed' can insert 'file.txt' before the first line of source.txt? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: psve
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert @Line # - SED (non-GNU)

Just posted on another fellow's question using ed, but I wanted to know about doing it with sed on Unix. For example - I have a file of an unknown length, but I want to add a line after the shell declaration (Line 2). If possible, I'd like the example to be able to just substitute in a number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert new line does not update file

Hi all, I have a file called "text.cpp" with the first line of "1" afterwards I tried in Ubuntu to type the following sed '12iasdasdasdasdsad' test.cpp > output.txt however when I tried to see the result of output.txt #cat output.txt 1 why is the line 12 is not updated to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: peuceul
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - How to insert line before the first blank line following a token

Hello. I have a config file (/etc/my_config_file) which may content : # # port for HTTP (descriptions, SOAP, media transfer) traffic port=8200 # network interfaces to serve, comma delimited network_interface=eth0 # set this to the directory you want scanned. # * if have multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk to insert a line after a para

hi I am having a file like this ############################## mod1 ( a(ll) , b( c), try(o) , oll(ll) go(oo) , al(ll) mm(al) , lpo(kka) kka(oop) ); mod2 ( jj(ll) , c( kk), try1q(o1) , ofll(lll) gao(oo1) , ala(llaa) mmf(adl) , lddpo(kkad) kkda(oodp) );... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to insert at position x and then every interval y for each line

Thanks to help from Don Cragun in post 302924174, I'm off and getting into trouble on my own (finally) with sed. Here is my goal - insert \\r\n at the 60th character on each line and then every 76th character thereafter: Input:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusbrown
3 Replies

9. Solaris

sed insert into line 1 via script

Hi I am trying to run a sed command within a script..unfortunately it wasn't written on Solaris so doesn't work. Can anyone help with the correct coding please? It is: sed -i '1i ROWID;ORDER_ID;JOB_NAME;ORDER_TABLE' ${OUTFILE} (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.16.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)