Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting `(' unexpected error when running a shell script in AIX Post 302409347 by dawgfather80 on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 08:24:45 PM
Old 03-31-2010
`(' unexpected error when running a shell script in AIX

Hi,

We are moving from linux to AIX servers, and as a result testing our scripts on the new platform. When I run one of our scripts, I get the following error message:
./branchDataUpdate.sh[20]: syntax error at line 21 : `(' unexpected

Following is an extract from the script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
JAVAHOME=/usr/opt/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin/java
CLASSPATH=""
CLASSPATH_JARS=(
"/usr/opt/shared/app/Test1.jar"
"/usr/opt/shared/app/Test2.jar"
"/usr/opt/shared/app/Test3.jar"
"/usr/opt/shared/app/Test4.jar")
LOG=/usr/opt/logs/branchData

The error maybe happenig where the array is defined. Ideas/thoughts?

Last edited by Scott; 03-31-2010 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in running shell script in cron

#!/bin/bash CLASSPATH=. #CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}home/squidlog/CopyFile.java CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}usr/java/latest/lib/*.jar javac CopyFile.java echo "CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH" #home/wbiadmin/JRE1.4.2/j2re1.4.2_15/bin/java CopyFile /usr/bin/java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sari
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running as shell script

Storage_Unit=`du -h /var/spool/cron/root|awk '{print $1}'|sed -e "s/^.*\(.\)$/\1/"` If then Size=`du -h /var/spool/cron/root|awk '{print $1}'|sed 's/.\{1\}$//'` for Size_rounded_number in $(printf %.0f $Size); do ROUNDED_Size=$Size_rounded_number done if #setting a threshold of say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error running shell script

how can i fix this error. + f_Delete resync-printers.ksh: test: argument expected lpadmin: Expected printer or class after '-x' option! resync-printers.ksh: test: argument expected + f_Create resync-printers.ksh: trying to execute a function (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launcher Error: while running shell script

Hi Experts, I have a shell script which used to take oracle database backup, which is scheduled in a tidal scheduling tool. however it is throwing an error while triggering the job and getting below error in the log file. "Launcher Error: This is an internal function" shell script is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UnniVKN
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a trace on shell script running in AIX?

Please help me in putting a trace on shell script running in AIX Best regards, Vishal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL: syntax error near unexpected token `else'

Hi, I wrote this shell script to be a tool for my team to do daily routine works. Though, option a and b are working fine, option c is giving below error. line 647: syntax error near unexpected token `else' line 647: `else' Here s my script. A bit lengthy though. Pls excuse. Also,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running Procedure in shell script

Hi All, I am running the below proc in unix by connecting through sqlplus and the procedure is completing successfully. But when i am trying to run through shell scripting by using function. I am getting the error as follows. Please guide me where I am going wrong. #!/bin/sh opera () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
6 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)