Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to convert multilines to single lines Post 302409156 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 09:45:15 AM
Old 03-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.diab
Dear Franklin52;
another question ...what if the the multi lines (begin with "create") contain more than 3 row? then your code will fail as well.

Regards
You're right, but the OP didn't mention anything like that so I assume that there is only one SQL command in the script otherwise the OP should clarify his question.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single input shell script?

hey, i'm trying to write a shell script which accepts: operand operator operand then, the script would see which operator it is (using case) and calculate it... but i dont know how to do it correctly with $1 $2 $3... (eliminating accepting separate inputs) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quipy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single Instance of a Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script. What should I do to allow only single instance of the script to be run by a user at a time. That is, Only one user can run that script at a given point of time. Please help.. Its very important for my project Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a single script in different shell

Hi All, I am new in UNIX.I have a situation here.:confused: I have a script which have to be run in every shell (like KSH,BASH,CSH). Script may be any thing. But i don't know how to do it.Because the syntax of every shell may be different. Please advise.. Thanks for your kind advise in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdash.ps
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert to shell script

how to convert these code to shell script #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> main() { int i,j,a=0,b=0,c=0,f,t,al,ta; int a1, max, n, n1,p,k=0; printf(“\n enter no.of resources”); scanf(“%d”,n1); printf(“\nenter the max no .of resources for each type”); for(i=0;i<n1;i++)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Singleline to Multilines

Hi All, Could you please help to get the below output: Input: J1,ELLA_1,ISDR,JJK,TRS J2,ROSTER,JACK J3,HUP ... ... ... Output: J1,ELLA_1 J1,ISDR J1,JJK J1,TRS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to convert IP range csv into a list of single IP's

Hi All, I am looking for some help to convert a csv with IP ranges in.. in the format e.g. 1.1.1.2, 1.1.1.5 2.1.1.10, 2.1.1.20 and would be looking to output as follows: 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3 1.1.1.4 1.1.1.5 2.1.1.10 2.1.1.11 etc etc up to 2.1.1.20 I have tried a few google... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippyzip
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - differential file comparator SYNOPSIS
diff [ -acefmnbwr ] file1 ... file2 DESCRIPTION
Diff tells what lines must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement. If one file is a directory, then a file in that directory with basename the same as that of the other file is used. If both files are directories, similarly named files in the two directories are compared by the method of diff for text files and cmp(1) otherwise. If more than two file names are given, then each argument is compared to the last argument as above. The -r option causes diff to process similarly named subdirectories recursively. When processing more than one file, diff prefixes file differences with a single line listing the two differing files, in the form of a diff command line. The -m flag causes this behavior even when processing single files. The normal output contains lines of these forms: n1 a n3,n4 n1,n2 d n3 n1,n2 c n3,n4 These lines resemble ed commands to convert file1 into file2. The numbers after the letters pertain to file2. In fact, by exchanging `a' for `d' and reading backward one may ascertain equally how to convert file2 into file1. As in ed, identical pairs where n1 = n2 or n3 = n4 are abbreviated as a single number. Following each of these lines come all the lines that are affected in the first file flagged by `<', then all the lines that are affected in the second file flagged by `>'. The -b option causes trailing blanks (spaces and tabs) to be ignored and other strings of blanks to compare equal. The -w option causes all white-space to be removed from input lines before applying the difference algorithm. The -n option prefixes each range with file: and inserts a space around the a, c, and d verbs. The -e option produces a script of a, c and d commands for the editor ed, which will recreate file2 from file1. The -f option produces a similar script, not useful with ed, in the opposite order. It may, however, be useful as input to a stream-oriented post-processor. The -c option includes three lines of context around each change, merging changes whose contexts overlap. The -a flag displays the entire file as context. Except in rare circumstances, diff finds a smallest sufficient set of file differences. FILES
/tmp/diff[12] SOURCE
/src/cmd/diff SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), ed(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is the empty string for no differences, for some, and for trouble. BUGS
Editing scripts produced under the -e or -f option are naive about creating lines consisting of a single `.'. When running diff on directories, the notion of what is a text file is open to debate. DIFF(1)