Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6) Post 302409151 by son_t on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 09:31:03 AM
Old 03-31-2010
I've not tried the -G option, but I've gone to the 3.4.7 version which does compile, and solves my immediate problems...

However, I'm having these errors in the client log files:
Code:
[2010/03/31 14:28:04,  0] lib/util_sock.c:1491(get_peer_addr_internal)
  read_fd_with_timeout: client 0.0.0.0 read error = Transport endpoint is not connected.
  getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
  read_fd_with_timeout: client 0.0.0.0 read error = Transport endpoint is not connected.

A google, advises to block port 445, but I'm not sure this is a good idea... Does anyone know if I need port 445 for SAMBA to work or not?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc

I'm trying to do something fairly simple but keep getting frustrating messages.. Here it is: I have 3 files: init.h <header> init.c <#include <curses.h> and "init.h"> main.c <#include "init.h"> now, how can I compile my main.c using gcc? ( I have a hard time making the init.o) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: My_Name
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors compiling gcc 4.2.1

Hello, I have never had a successful compile on the 2.6 kernel. On every arch in which I try to compile gcc I get either "i686-pc-cygwin-ar command not found or "i686-suse-linux-ar command not found. This always happens during the make process after configure checks for ar and finds it's just ar.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
2 Replies

3. Programming

gcc compiling with -DUSE_LONGLONG

Sorry for a silly question. I a program that need to compile with -DUSE_LONGLONG to turn on the long Int as the document of that program said so, but I really don't know how to do this. I normally do this: ./configure make make install and it works fine. But I don't know how to compile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

4. Solaris

gcc problem on Solaris

I just installed gcc from the latest package at sunfreeware.com using pkgadd. I write a simple 'Hello World!' program to test it. I try to compile it and I get this error: rockstar# gcc hello.c -o hello ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
0 Replies

5. Solaris

problem compiling apache on solaris

Hi I'm trying to install apache 2.2.14 on Solaris with Openssl. I'm using following configure options: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-ssl --enable-module=so --enable-proxy=shared --enable-proxy-http=shared --enable-proxy-ajp=shared --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aelfric
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

7. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with static compiling - GCC

Hi guys. I want to compile three files: gcc -static main.c fib.c fib.h it is pure C i mean i use standard C library. but it gives me this error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc collect2: ld returned 1 exit status what should i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem compiling mod_nss for Apache2.2 Solaris 10

Following this guide for Solaris 9. Updated it for the nspr-4.6.4 and nss-3.11.4. Here is my configure command in the mod_nss 1.0.8 dir: ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-nss=/usr/local/nss-3.11.4/ --with-nspr=/usr/local/nspr-4.6.4/ And here is the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
2 Replies
t_close(3)						     Library Functions Manual							t_close(3)

NAME
t_close() - close a transport endpoint SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function informs the transport provider that the user is finished with the transport endpoint specified by fd, and frees any local library resources associated with the endpoint. also closes the file descriptor associated with the transport endpoint. should be called from the state (see t_getstate(3)). However, this function does not check state information, so it may be called from any state to close a transport endpoint. If this occurs, the local library resources associated with the endpoint will be freed automatically. will also be issued for that file descriptor. The close will be abortive if no other process has that file open and will break any trans- port connection that may be associated with that endpoint. Valid States All - apart from Fork Safety is not fork-safe. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
[TBADF] The specified file descriptor does not refer to a transport endpoint. [TPROTO] (XTI only) This error indicates that a communication problem has been detected between XTI and the transport provider for which there is no suitable XTI ( SEE ALSO
t_getstate(3), t_open(3), t_unbind(3), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
t_close(3)