Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Contents and details extract problem asking... Post 302409110 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 07:44:29 AM
Old 03-31-2010
With a little adaptation of the code of Ygor:
Code:
awk '$3=="name"{print $1, ($6=="+"?$4 OFS $5:$5 OFS $4)}!NF{print ""}' OFS=\\t file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to extract details for particular file

Hi i have following file uuid ( RO) : 62701790-60da-dd9a-669d-a563aac1c435 host-uuid ( RO): 5f3f668d-a7c7-4e5f-a4a6-6e90fafb50ed sr-uuid ( RO): 62103d07-e0aa-acf3-2d9f-414ad3377bd0 device-config (MRO): location: /dev/xapi/block ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract contents of ONLY one directory from ZIP folder.

I have a ZIP folder ( folder.zip or folder.jar ) which contains , lets say 3 directories under it ( directory1, directory2, directory3). How can i unzip the contents of directory2 ONLY ? I do not have to unzip the complete folder. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract details from XML file

Hi , I have one xml file contains more than 60 lines. I need to extract some details from the file and store it in new file.Not the whole file Please find the xml file below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DeploymentDescriptors xmlns="http://www.tibco.com/xmlns/dd"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract contents of tar ball without extracting files

Hi, I'm using a tar command tar -xOvf /home/mytar.tar My intention is to extract data in files which are inside various directories, without extracting files to the disk. Is this the best way to achieve it? Thanks, Chetan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract specific contents from each line

Hi all, Happy new year! Here I have a problem with extract specific information from each line in unix: My file is the dbSNP flat file, take two SNPs for examples: REFSNP-DOCSUM-SET (FULL-DUMP) CREATED ON: 2012-06-08 10:50 rs782 | human | 9606 | snp | genotype=NO |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luoruicd
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract both contents from a html file and do printing

Hi there, Print IP Address: grep 'HostID :' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | awk -F '<br>' '{print $12}' | tr -s ' ' | awk -F ':' '{print "<tr><td>" $2 "</td><td>"}' Print Respective Ports: grep 'classsubsection\|./tcp\|./udp' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | grep -v 'h2.classsubsection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract jil file details in a excelsheet

I am very new to shell scripting. I have a autosys jil file that looks like :-- /* ------------- JOB1 ------------------ */ insert_job: JOB1 job_type: b owner: cm@pelonmuck permission: gx,ge,wx,we,mx,me date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo,tu,we,th,fr,su start_time: "18:30"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_shell
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)