Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring How to setup Email notification when storage reach certain % ? Post 302409102 by i-counsellor on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 07:09:34 AM
Old 03-31-2010
Thank for reply. I really surf through but i can't get the keyword for it.
What's i trying search is unix+email+storage. Obviously, it didn't return useful information.

I'm encounter any problem now. 'mail' cannot send out email to existing exchange server.
I guess i suppose setup SMTP host but i don't really know where is the configuration location. Anybody can assist me on how to configure SMTP mail server in Solaris 10?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add email notification in scripts?

Hi. I want to add email notification so when the my script finishes it sends out an email of the results to our team. If there are errors the subject on the email should say there were errors. If any having idea/sample scripts pls share with me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab change and email notification

Hey guys Just need some help with crontab.Iam looking for a script that will alert particular user about its change through sendmail.We are using bash here. --CoolKid (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies

4. AIX

Cron Job notification email

Hi, I'm fairly new to Aix and am looking for some help on the following. I have setup a cron job under root and want it to send the email once it's run to an external email address. I can get it to send the output in an email to me by using mail on the end of the crontab entry. But I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux-Heartbeat Email Notification

hi guys I hope this goes here Have someone used Linux heartbeat to send email when the Slave server becomes the Master? I've read I can configure the MailTo under /etc/ha.d/resource.d but I really don't know how to do it. I basically need my primary server to send an email when it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

6. AIX

Sending an email notification when syslog goes down

Hi All of a sudden the syslog daemon in the server went down and then later I started it manually # ps -ef | grep syslogd root 217228 114906 0 Nov 16 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/syslogd root 430306 290870 0 14:18:11 pts/0 0:00 grep syslogd Can some one help me with a script which will monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email notification is not working in spacewalk

Hi, I am using spacewalk tool ( Linux systems management solution ). I have configured probe notification and notification method in spacewalk. But I am not getting the notification mail. Checked the /var/log/maillog and the error message as follows, Dec 11 17:01:11 spserver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Notification

Hi All, I need write a linux script which emails each record to the employee manager email-id which will be specified inside the file. Each employee can have a different manager too.. file contain 200 to 300 records Employee ID, Employee Name, Employee Email-ID, Manager, Manager... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email notification error on Solaris

Hi, I am getting error below when testing email. is there a way I can configure email on Solaris? SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise echo "hello" | sendmail -v abcd WARNING: local host name (-s) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? abcd... Connecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
1 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Email(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Log::Handler::Output::Email(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Email - Log messages as email (via Net::SMTP). SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Email; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Email->new( host => "mx.bar.example", hello => "EHLO my.domain.example", timeout => 120, debug => 0, from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => "your subject", buffer => 0 ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via email and it used Net::SMTP to do it. The date for the email is generated with "Email::Date::format_date". Net::SMTP is from Graham Barr and it does it's job very well. METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Email object. The following opts are possible: host With this option you has to define the SMTP host to connect to. host => "mx.host.com" # or host => [ "mx.host.example", "mx.host-backup.example" ] hello Identify yourself with a HELO. The default is set to "EHLO BELO". timeout With this option you can set the maximum time in seconds to wait for a response from the SMTP server. The default is set to 120 seconds. from The sender address (MAIL FROM). to The receipient address (RCPT TO). Additional options are cc and bcc. subject The subject of the mail. The default subject is "Log message from $progname". buffer This opts exists only for security. The thing is that it would be very bad if something wents wrong in your program and hundreds of mails would be send. For this reason you can set a buffer to take care. With the buffer you can set the maximum size of the buffer in lines. If you set buffer => 10 then 10 messages would be buffered. Set "buffer" to 0 if you want to disable the buffer. The default buffer size is set to 20. debug With this option it's possible to enable debugging. The information can be intercepted with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. If you set a buffer size then the message will be pushed into the buffer first. Example: $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR: ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered lines. sendmail() Call "sendmail()" if you want to send an email. The difference to "log()" is that the message won't be buffered. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Email::Date Net::SMTP Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Email(3pm)