Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian not run script firewall (lenny 5.0.4) Post 302409018 by moskovets on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 04:12:06 AM
Old 03-31-2010
Thanks for your help!
moskovets

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

The Best Script For Iptables Firewall

UTIN Firewall script for Linux 2.4.x and iptables ============================================== #!/bin/sh # # rc.firewall - UTIN Firewall script for Linux 2.4.x and iptables # # Copyright (C) 2001 Oskar Andreasson <bluefluxATkoffeinDOTnet> # # This program is free software; you can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: binhnx2000
5 Replies

2. Debian

Lenny upgrade and my CD-ROM...

I recently upgraded from Etch to Lenny. There were a few hiccoughs, but I was able to sort most of these out myself. There is just one little niggle left that I have no idea how to go about fixing. My CD-ROM now ejects on boot, and will not stay closed. When I boot the system, I notice that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Lenny update problems

Hi everybody! I have a very big problem, I can not make any updates on my debian lenny. I get everytime this errors with apt-get update: Err http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release.gpg Connection failed Err http://www.backports.org lenny-backports Release.gpg Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magge
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

downgrade sh to 3.1 - debian lenny - how?

Hello, i'd need to downgrade sh to the latest 3.1 version, been trying to pin the version in apt preferences or use aptitude but it doesn't want to work. (Best possible to GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)) Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-19lenny2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

5. Debian

How to install Java in Debian Lenny

Hi all im trying to install Java in Debian lenny with apt-get install but can find the packages...anyone can help me on this one? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
2 Replies

6. Debian

[Lenny] I seem to have broken X...

I have been running Debian Lenny on this current PC for about a year. Since installation, I have had no major issues. Last night, I lazily tapped out: $ sudo aptitude update $ sudo aptitude upgrade I quickly scanned what it said would be changed and did not notice anything that may be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

8. Linux

Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5

Hi All, My chrome browser was working correctly on my Debian Lenny 5 PC..Today i downloaded the version from google and tried to install the deb from command line as follows: dpkg -i <latest-chrome-package> The installation failed but now my existing old chrome browser is not starting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
PYROMAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							PYROMAN(8)

NAME
pyroman - a firewall configuration utility SYNOPSIS
pyroman [ -hvnspP ] [ -r RULESDIR ] [ -t SECONDS ] [ --help ] [ --version ] [ --safe ] [ --no-act ] [ --print ] [ --print-verbose ] [ --rules=RULESDIR ] [ --timeout=SECONDS ] [ safe ] DESCRIPTION
pyroman is a firewall configuration utility. It will compile a set of configuration files to iptables statements to setup IP packet filtering for you. While it is not necessary for operating and using Pyroman, you should have understood how IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP and the other commonly used Internet protocols work and interact. You should also have understood the basics of iptables in order to make use of the full functionality. pyroman does not try to hide all the iptables complexity from you, but tries to provide you with a convenient way of managing a complex networks firewall. For this it offers a compact syntax to add new firewall rules, while still exposing access to add arbitrary iptables rules. OPTIONS
-r RULESDIR,--rules=RULES Load the rules from directory RULESDIR instead of the default directory (usually /etc/pyroman ) -t SECONDS,--timeout=SECONDS Wait SECONDS seconds after applying the changes for the user to type OK to confirm he can still access the firewall. This implies --safe but allows you to use a different timeout. -h, --help Print a summary of the command line options and exit. -V, --version Print the version number of pyroman and exit. -s, --safe, safe When the firewall was committed, wait 30 seconds for the user to type OK to confirm, that he can still access the firewall (i.e. the network connection wasn't blocked by the firewall). Otherwise, the firewall changes will be undone, and the firewall will be restored to the previous state. Use the --timeout=SECONDS option to change the timeout. -n, --no-act Don't actually run iptables. This can be used to check if pyroman accepts the configuration files. -p, --print Instead of running iptables, output the generated rules. -P, --print-verbose Instead of running iptables, output the generated rules. Each statement will have one comment line explaining how this rules was generated. This will usually include the filename and line number, and is useful for debugging. CONFIGURATION
Configuration of pyroman consists of a number of files in the directory /etc/pyroman. These files are in python syntax, although you do not need to be a python programmer to use these rules. There is only a small number of statements you need to know: add_host Define a new host or network add_interface Define a new interface (group) add_service Add a new service alias (note that you can always use e.g. www/tcp to reference the www tcp service as defined in /etc/services) add_nat Define a new NAT (Network Address Translation) rule allow Allow a service, client, server combination reject Reject access for this service, client, server combination drop Drop packets for this service, client, server combination add_rule Add a rule for this service, client, server and target combination iptables Add an arbitrary iptables statement to be executed at beginning iptables_end Add an arbitrary iptables statement to be executed at the end Detailed parameters for these functions can be looked up by caling cd /usr/share/pyroman pydoc ./commands.py BUGS
None known as of pyroman-0.4 release AUTHOR
pyroman was written by Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> SEE ALSO
iptables(8), iptables-restore(8) iptables-load(8) PYROMAN(8)