Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find files created within 30 minutes Post 302408960 by pludi on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 01:32:01 AM
Old 03-31-2010
The default Solaris find doesn't have such an option, as it's an GNU extension. You'd either have to install that, or emulate it with the -newer option and touch.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files onder than 15 minutes

Hi Friends, i have to write a script to raise a flag if there are any files that are older than 15 minutes in the directory.The directory is supplied as the parameter to the script. please help with a sample script. Thanks in advance veera (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

only find files older than x minutes old

I am looking for a way to show files that have been created within a certain period (say anything older than 10 minutes or so). Is there a command/series of commands I can do this with? As an example, I have the following in a directory: -rw-r--r-- 1 owner group 70175 May 16 09:10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files on minutes basis

Hello, I was trying to find files which are created in last five minutes . I tried to use command find with ntime and mtime but was not successfull then i read from this forum that we can not have a find option on minutes or seconds or hours...... Can somebody Pls expalin how can i search... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files which are <n> minutes old

Hi, i want to find certain files which are more than <n> minutes old,i have the command to find the files say <n> days old(as below) but not in terms of minutes. find . -name "14*.000" -type f -mtime +1 Is there any way to find this? Regards, Cherry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cherryven75
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out whether directory has been updated with files in the last 5 minutes or not

Hi, I am trying to work on this script that needs to monitor a Directory. In case there are no files received in that Directory for the last 5 minutes, it has to send out an alert. Could someone please suggest any approach for the same. Note: I did check out various previous psts -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp get files created in last 30 minutes

Is it possible in an ftp script to get remote files based on whether they have been created in the last 30 minutes? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

rsync a file as it gets created and after 3 minutes old

- run a backup job - The jobs creates partial files one after the other, about 2 minutes interval. What i want to do is that while the job is still running or while a file was last modified or created 3 minutes ago, the file should be rsync to a remote server untill the last file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
4 Replies
smccompile(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    smccompile(1M)

NAME
smccompile - build class list and compile Solaris Management Console service beans for remote use SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c beanname /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool | service [-n altjarname] jarfile /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library [-n altjarname] ALLTOOL | ALLSERVICE | ALL | attachedBeanname jarfile DESCRIPTION
The smccompile command is used by developers of tools, services, and libraries for the Solaris Management Console. For information regard- ing the Solaris Management Console, see smc(1M). smccompile compiles service class files given by the bean name for use with the Solaris Management Console. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. Solaris Management Console requires running smccom- pile -c before creating service jar files, and smccompile -j after creating tool, service, and library jars. smccompile, in conjunction with smcregister(1M), is intended to replace the smcconf command as the preferred interface for managing the Solaris Management Console repository as well as toolboxes from within scripts, due to significant performance enhancements over smcconf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ALL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools and services. ALLSERVICE Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all services. ALLTOOL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools. attachedBeaname Specify the name of a registered jar to which the library jarfile should be attached to (or detached from). This is typi- cally the same as altjarname (if provided) or jarfile used to register the jar to which this library is being attached or detached. An attached library means the library is only available for use by the tool or service to which it is being attached. beanname The full package path of the bean name to be compiled. An example bean name is: com.mycompany.myproduct.MyService. -c Compile and build service class files for the specified bean name. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. You must run smccompile with this option before creating service type jar files. -j Build a list of classes in text format, suitable as input to smcregister for registration with the Solaris Management Con- sole repository. The output is written to standard out and should be redirected to a file. You must run smccompile with this option after creating any tool, service, or library jar. jarfile Specify the full path to the jar file to be registered. The name must be in the form beanname.jar, where beanname is the package path to the bean. If it is not, an alternate name must be given in that form using the -n option. -n altjarname Rename the jarfile in the repository to altjarname. Typically. this is the full bean name. For example, if the jarfile was MyTool.jar, then altjarname might be com.mycompany.myproduct.MyTool.jar. It is recommended that an altjarname containing the full package path be used. You must use this same name when registering the jar with smcregister. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Compiling a Service The following command takes a Solaris Management Console service and builds its proxy and stub classes to make the service usable by Solaris Management Console tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl Example 2: Building a Class List for a Service The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a service suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt Example 3: Building a Class List for a Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a tool suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyTool.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar > classlist.txt Example 4: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to All Tools The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to all tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt Example 5: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to a Specific Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to a specific tool: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smccompile: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, the /usr/j2se location is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWMc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smc(1M), smcconf(1M), smcregister(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
All standard shell quoting rules apply. SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2001 smccompile(1M)