Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a part of output data as output Post 302408789 by nitinrp1 on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 12:40:53 PM
Old 03-30-2010
Thank You ... can i use output in to a variable and then use in my if statement

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set specific part in command output into variable

I am trying unsuccessfully to set into a variable a specific part of command output: The command output will be as: line 1: <varied> line 2: 2 options: option 1: Set view: ** NONE ** or option 2: Set view: <different_name_of_views_always_without_spaces> and I would like to get into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: orit
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting part of output to stdout

Hi, I am trying to execute a command like this: find ./ -name "*.gz" -exec sh -c 'zcat {} | awk -f parse.awk' \; >> output If I want to print the filename, i generally use the -print argument to the find command but when I am redirecting the output to a file, how can I print just the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to capture only some part of output when command executed??

Hi, When I execute this command prtdiag -v output sample : System clock frequency: 160 MHZ Memory size: 4GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== E$ CPU CPU CPU Freq Size ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directing only part of a script's output to piped application

Is there a way to keep the output of a script displayed on the terminal when it's run by itself, but suspend part of that output and only have a specific part delivered when it's piped to another script or program? I'm thinking something like the following pseudocode: #!/bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trigg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting Part of Output

Hello all I'm using bourne shell and need to figure out how to cut out a specific portion of some output. For example, my output from my command is: 12.12.52.125.in-addr.arpa name = hostname.domain.main.gov I need to get just the "hostname.domain.main.gov" part. What I'm trying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee.n.doan
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract one part from whole output

Hi All, I am trying to write a small shell programming to get db2 database size info. The command I am going to use is- db2 "CALL GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?, ?, ?, -1)" and the output of above command generally is- Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dig-x: only part of the output is needed

Hi everyone, how can I get the highlighted text only? I am only concerned with the first line of the "AUTHORITY SECTION" (in red). thank you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to calculate average of all files in directory and output by part of filename

I am trying to use awk to calculate the average of all lines in $2 for every file in a directory. The below bash seems to do that, but I cannot figure out how to capture the string before the _ as the output file name and have it be tab-delimeted. Thank you :). Filenames in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract a part of grep output

Hi, On AIX 7 I have : grep 's_ohs_instance_loc' $CONTEXT_FILE <ohs_instance_loc oa_var="s_ohs_instance_loc">/u01/appl_top/env/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_env_OHS1</ohs_instance_loc> But I need only this part:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)