Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a part of output data as output Post 302408786 by TonyLawrence on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 12:33:16 PM
Old 03-30-2010
Generally you'd use sed or awk to strip whatever you don't want. Something like

yourprog | sed 's/.* in//'

or

yourprog | sed 's/.* in/This is: /'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set specific part in command output into variable

I am trying unsuccessfully to set into a variable a specific part of command output: The command output will be as: line 1: <varied> line 2: 2 options: option 1: Set view: ** NONE ** or option 2: Set view: <different_name_of_views_always_without_spaces> and I would like to get into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: orit
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting part of output to stdout

Hi, I am trying to execute a command like this: find ./ -name "*.gz" -exec sh -c 'zcat {} | awk -f parse.awk' \; >> output If I want to print the filename, i generally use the -print argument to the find command but when I am redirecting the output to a file, how can I print just the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to capture only some part of output when command executed??

Hi, When I execute this command prtdiag -v output sample : System clock frequency: 160 MHZ Memory size: 4GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== E$ CPU CPU CPU Freq Size ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directing only part of a script's output to piped application

Is there a way to keep the output of a script displayed on the terminal when it's run by itself, but suspend part of that output and only have a specific part delivered when it's piped to another script or program? I'm thinking something like the following pseudocode: #!/bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trigg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting Part of Output

Hello all I'm using bourne shell and need to figure out how to cut out a specific portion of some output. For example, my output from my command is: 12.12.52.125.in-addr.arpa name = hostname.domain.main.gov I need to get just the "hostname.domain.main.gov" part. What I'm trying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee.n.doan
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract one part from whole output

Hi All, I am trying to write a small shell programming to get db2 database size info. The command I am going to use is- db2 "CALL GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?, ?, ?, -1)" and the output of above command generally is- Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dig-x: only part of the output is needed

Hi everyone, how can I get the highlighted text only? I am only concerned with the first line of the "AUTHORITY SECTION" (in red). thank you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to calculate average of all files in directory and output by part of filename

I am trying to use awk to calculate the average of all lines in $2 for every file in a directory. The below bash seems to do that, but I cannot figure out how to capture the string before the _ as the output file name and have it be tab-delimeted. Thank you :). Filenames in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract a part of grep output

Hi, On AIX 7 I have : grep 's_ohs_instance_loc' $CONTEXT_FILE <ohs_instance_loc oa_var="s_ohs_instance_loc">/u01/appl_top/env/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_env_OHS1</ohs_instance_loc> But I need only this part:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf14 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf14 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed in a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension in the current working directory. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf14 will always produce PDF 1.4 output (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12, ps2pdf13 or ps2pdf14, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 PS2PDF(1)