Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a part of output data as output Post 302408778 by nitinrp1 on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 12:07:54 PM
Old 03-30-2010
need a part of output data as output

HI Guys,

I need some expert help.. i have this below data as input

WHERE StartTime >= '2010-03-24 20:10:08'
AND username in('abc_xxx_yyy_01')

and output need is
just

in

appreciate your help on this !!!!

thanks you ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set specific part in command output into variable

I am trying unsuccessfully to set into a variable a specific part of command output: The command output will be as: line 1: <varied> line 2: 2 options: option 1: Set view: ** NONE ** or option 2: Set view: <different_name_of_views_always_without_spaces> and I would like to get into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: orit
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting part of output to stdout

Hi, I am trying to execute a command like this: find ./ -name "*.gz" -exec sh -c 'zcat {} | awk -f parse.awk' \; >> output If I want to print the filename, i generally use the -print argument to the find command but when I am redirecting the output to a file, how can I print just the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to capture only some part of output when command executed??

Hi, When I execute this command prtdiag -v output sample : System clock frequency: 160 MHZ Memory size: 4GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== E$ CPU CPU CPU Freq Size ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directing only part of a script's output to piped application

Is there a way to keep the output of a script displayed on the terminal when it's run by itself, but suspend part of that output and only have a specific part delivered when it's piped to another script or program? I'm thinking something like the following pseudocode: #!/bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trigg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting Part of Output

Hello all I'm using bourne shell and need to figure out how to cut out a specific portion of some output. For example, my output from my command is: 12.12.52.125.in-addr.arpa name = hostname.domain.main.gov I need to get just the "hostname.domain.main.gov" part. What I'm trying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee.n.doan
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract one part from whole output

Hi All, I am trying to write a small shell programming to get db2 database size info. The command I am going to use is- db2 "CALL GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?, ?, ?, -1)" and the output of above command generally is- Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dig-x: only part of the output is needed

Hi everyone, how can I get the highlighted text only? I am only concerned with the first line of the "AUTHORITY SECTION" (in red). thank you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to calculate average of all files in directory and output by part of filename

I am trying to use awk to calculate the average of all lines in $2 for every file in a directory. The below bash seems to do that, but I cannot figure out how to capture the string before the _ as the output file name and have it be tab-delimeted. Thank you :). Filenames in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract a part of grep output

Hi, On AIX 7 I have : grep 's_ohs_instance_loc' $CONTEXT_FILE <ohs_instance_loc oa_var="s_ohs_instance_loc">/u01/appl_top/env/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_env_OHS1</ohs_instance_loc> But I need only this part:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies
RSH(1)							      General Commands Manual							    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh - remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-n] [-l username] host [command] host [-n] [-l username] [command] DESCRIPTION
Rsh connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The remote username used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option. This remote name must be equivalent (in the sense of rlogin(1)) to the originating account; no provision is made for specifying a password with a com- mand. If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. Thus the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile appends remotefile to otherremotefile. OPTIONS
-l username Specify the remote user name. -n Connect standard input of the remote command to /dev/null. Do this if rsh should not inadvertently read from standard input. SEE ALSO
rcp(1), rlogin(1), rhosts(5). BUGS
You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)); use rlogin(1). 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 RSH(1)