Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Plist to Unix Executable
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Plist to Unix Executable Post 302408753 by tlarkin on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 11:14:16 AM
Old 03-30-2010
Casper 7 supports MCX, it would be a much cleaner and better method to use MCX, in my opinion of course. You'll need to modify your framework settings to tell the Casper client to use MCX. If you are using Open Directory, use MCX there as it can cause conflicts.

Refer to page 326 of the Casper User Manual for version 7.2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Cannot translate Unix executable files

Help!! I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as txt files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, the Word filters cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
4 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

the best way of editing .plist files

:( what is the best way of editing the various .plist files without adding third party files? Or is the easiest way is to add third party applications, which ones? please kept in mind that i am not a programmer. mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehow
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making UNIX script executable

Hello, I am very new to UNIX and I have been learning about writing scripts and making them executable. I created a script called myscript. It has three lines: #! /bin/sh # This is my first shell script echo friendsjustfriends Now I try to run it using the sh command and it works Next I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitx
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run UNIX executable !

I have installed the Darwin Calendar Server on my Mac and got it working. To start the server I open a Finder window on my mac and click the UNIX executable called RUN. In order to start the server automatically on bootup I used LINGON to add a startup Daemon to call "RUN -d". When I reboot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thylacine
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using defaults read to get value from plist

Hi there, I'm trying to retrieve a value from a plist file, which I have done before with no problems, however this plist file looks a little different.... Normally it's like this; <plist version="1.0"> <dict> key>KeyName</key> <string>blah</string> I want the value of KeyName, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davewg
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix executable file

Hi - How can I find out under sh whitch file is an unix executable file? Need it for an software inventory. Thanks in advance. Regards - Lazybaer (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write an executable file in Unix

Hi, I want to write an executable file in unix env to go to a particular path instead of always typing the long path cd /app/oracle/product/10.2.0/Db_1/scripts/prejib/sample. I have tried with the below script in but not working . please help me bash-3.00$ cat a.sh #!/bin/sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prejib
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing plist file ?

Hi, I wondered if it was possible to parse a plist file like this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14586156/stuff/Bookmarks.plist so it will afterwards look like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
minput_config_command(3m17n)					 The m17n Library				      minput_config_command(3m17n)

NAME
minput_config_command - Configure the key sequence of an input method command. SYNOPSIS
int minput_config_command (MSymbol language, MSymbol name, MSymbol command, MPlist * keyseqlist) DESCRIPTION
Configure the key sequence of an input method command. The minput_config_command() function assigns a list of key sequences keyseqlist to the command command of the input method specified by language and name. If keyseqlist is a non-empty plist, it must be a list of key sequences, and each key sequence must be a plist of symbols. If keyseqlist is an empty plist, any configuration and customization of the command are cancelled, and default key sequences become effective. If keyseqlist is NULL, the configuration of the command is canceled, and the original key sequences (what saved in per-user customization file, or the default one) become effective. In the latter two cases, command can be Mnil to make all the commands of the input method the target of the operation. If name is Mnil, this function configures the key assignment of a global command, not that of a specific input method. The configuration takes effect for input methods opened or re-opened later in the current session. In order to make the configuration take effect for the future session, it must be saved in a per-user customization file by the function minput_save_config(). RETURN VALUE
If the operation was successful, this function returns 0, otherwise returns -1. The operation fails in these cases: o keyseqlist is not in a valid form. o command is not available for the input method. o language and name do not specify an existing input method. SEE ALSO
minput_get_commands(), minput_save_config(). Example: /* Add 'C-x u' to the 'start' command of Unicode input method. */ { MSymbol start_command = msymbol ('start'); MSymbol unicode = msymbol ('unicode'); MPlist *cmd, *plist, *key_seq_list, *key_seq; /* At first get the current key-sequence assignment. */ cmd = minput_get_command (Mt, unicode, start_command); if (! cmd) { /* The input method does not have the command 'start'. Here should come some error handling code. */ } /* Now CMD == ((start DESCRIPTION STATUS KEY-SEQUENCE ...) ...). Extract the part (KEY-SEQUENCE ...). */ plist = mplist_next (mplist_next (mplist_next (mplist_value (cmd)))); /* Copy it because we should not modify it directly. */ key_seq_list = mplist_copy (plist); key_seq = mplist(); mplist_add (key_seq, Msymbol, msymbol ('C-x')); mplist_add (key_seq, Msymbol, msymbol ('u')); mplist_add (key_seq_list, Mplist, key_seq); m17n_object_unref (key_seq); minput_config_command (Mt, unicode, start_command, key_seq_list); m17n_object_unref (key_seq_list); } COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 minput_config_command(3m17n)