Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Plist to Unix Executable
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Plist to Unix Executable Post 302408753 by tlarkin on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 11:14:16 AM
Old 03-30-2010
Casper 7 supports MCX, it would be a much cleaner and better method to use MCX, in my opinion of course. You'll need to modify your framework settings to tell the Casper client to use MCX. If you are using Open Directory, use MCX there as it can cause conflicts.

Refer to page 326 of the Casper User Manual for version 7.2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Cannot translate Unix executable files

Help!! I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as txt files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, the Word filters cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
4 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

the best way of editing .plist files

:( what is the best way of editing the various .plist files without adding third party files? Or is the easiest way is to add third party applications, which ones? please kept in mind that i am not a programmer. mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehow
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making UNIX script executable

Hello, I am very new to UNIX and I have been learning about writing scripts and making them executable. I created a script called myscript. It has three lines: #! /bin/sh # This is my first shell script echo friendsjustfriends Now I try to run it using the sh command and it works Next I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitx
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run UNIX executable !

I have installed the Darwin Calendar Server on my Mac and got it working. To start the server I open a Finder window on my mac and click the UNIX executable called RUN. In order to start the server automatically on bootup I used LINGON to add a startup Daemon to call "RUN -d". When I reboot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thylacine
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using defaults read to get value from plist

Hi there, I'm trying to retrieve a value from a plist file, which I have done before with no problems, however this plist file looks a little different.... Normally it's like this; <plist version="1.0"> <dict> key>KeyName</key> <string>blah</string> I want the value of KeyName, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davewg
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix executable file

Hi - How can I find out under sh whitch file is an unix executable file? Need it for an software inventory. Thanks in advance. Regards - Lazybaer (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write an executable file in Unix

Hi, I want to write an executable file in unix env to go to a particular path instead of always typing the long path cd /app/oracle/product/10.2.0/Db_1/scripts/prejib/sample. I have tried with the below script in but not working . please help me bash-3.00$ cat a.sh #!/bin/sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prejib
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing plist file ?

Hi, I wondered if it was possible to parse a plist file like this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14586156/stuff/Bookmarks.plist so it will afterwards look like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
AUTOMOUNTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     AUTOMOUNTD(8)

NAME
automountd -- automatic mount / unmount daemon for autofs SYNOPSIS
/usr/libexec/automountd [-v] [-n] [-T] [-o opts] [-D name=value] DESCRIPTION
automountd is a daemon that responds to requests from autofs to mount and unmount network filesystems, and to supply the contents of directo- ries, based on the contents of automounter maps. The automountd is started on demand by launchd(8). As the daemon is launched by launchd, the options below would be specified in the ProgramArguments key in the launchd plist for automountd. See FILES below. OPTIONS
-v Log to syslogd(8) more detailed information about actions taken by automountd. -n Disable browsing of all maps. -T Increase by 1 the logging level for messages printed to the standard output information about requests received from autofs, process- ing done for those requests, and replies sent to autofs. The default level of 0 causes no information to be logged; each higher value causes more information to be logged. -o opts Apply the options specified by opts to all mounts by default. The options for a particular mount can override these options. -D name=value Set the environment value specified by name to the specified value. Environment variables can be referred to in map entries; the value of the environment variable is substituted for the reference to the variable. FILES
/etc/autofs.conf configuration file used to manage automountd /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.automountd.plist launchd plist SEE ALSO
auto_master(5), autofsd(8), automount(8), autofs.conf(5), mount(8), mount_nfs(8), launchd(8), launchd.plist(5) Darwin April 4, 2007 Darwin