Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking the size of a file after FTP Post 302408709 by TonyLawrence on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 09:14:06 AM
Old 03-30-2010
You mean you want me to write your script?

I gave three examples at that article. In comments people gave other examples. I think that's enough, but maybe not for you.

I'll tell you what: I'm heading out to the gym for a few hours. When I get back, if no one else has been bored enough to do your work for you, I'll lay you out a skeleton of what you need to do.

---------- Post updated at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:03 AM ----------

(My wife says we aren't leaving for 15 minutes)

After logging in etc., you are going to want to do something like

Code:
@files=$ftp->ls;
foreach (@files) {
   myfile=$_;
   next if not /.csv$/;
   $remotesize=$ftp->size($myfile);
   $ftp->get($myfile,$myfile);
   $localssize=(stat ($file))[7];

# compare, whatever
}

That's quick off the top of my head; could have mistyped anything - good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file size

What is the best way to check the size of a file? We have a problem with our repository growing to an unmanageable size. If it is greater than 17000000 then I'd like to send a warning to our system administrators. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with checking file size

I need to check the size of a log file. If the size is anything but zero, I need to send an email. I'm using this syntax: SIZE=0 VAR1=`wc -c $DIRNAME/$FILENAME1 | awk -F" " '{print $1}' ` echo $VAR1 if then do something such as send an email fi I know that the file is indeed... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking size of the first line in a log file

Hi My test.log file looks like this: 0 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070322_115331917.log 34 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_151311385.log 12 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_151230001.log 2 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_101010001.log 0... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error checking a file from previous file size

Hi, I'm currently trying to write a script that checks a log file for certain errors. Once checked it then records the filesize in another file. All this is fine, my problem is that the next time I do my error check I only want to check from previously recorded filesize to the end of file. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuck1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking the status of file ftp

Hi, I m new to unix and I need a help in FTp-ing a file. My script is given below ftp -n <<END_SCRIPT open $FTP_HOST user $FTP_USER $FTP_PASSWD lcd $TEMPFOLDER cd $FTP_LOCATION put $1 bye END_SCRIPT exit_status=$? if ; then log "successfully FTPed the file" else... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeeraNair
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file existence and checking file size

I want to check the files in particular directory are more that 0 Bytes i.e, Non zero byte file. The script should print a msg if all the files in that directory are empty( 0 Byte). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathish
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking directory size in the text file

Hi All, I am new to unix scripting, please help me in completing this exercise, I have a scenario as follows, 1. i have a text file(snapshot.txt) consisting of directory names, and file size separated by comma as shown below: snapshot.txt data: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: checking file size -solved

Hello I have srv RHEL5, file system UTDM (EMC DiskXtender Unix/Linux File System Manager 3.5 & EMC Centera). it all works under the scheme: have disk is formatted with a file system UTDM, drive open network - NFS, it write data, then migrate the data in the repository - EMC Centera. There are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moskovets
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Checking File size

Hi Team, I am a new bie to unix and want to check a directory for a files with extension *.doc exceeding a specific file size limit,and will give me a buffer ooutput as below I used below command, find . -name \*.doc -size +3k -printf "|%p |%k KB" which resulted as, ./ABC_sw_high.doc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lisha.ahuja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for File Size

HI , How can I check if a file exists in a particular folder and it exists it size in greater than 0 kb. Basically I am trying to write a script which will check if a file exists and if exists then it size is greater than 0 bytes (I am not looking for empty files it should have some data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
3 Replies
TPAGE(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 TPAGE(1p)

NAME
Template::Tools::tpage - Process templates from command line USAGE
tpage [ --define var=value ] file(s) DESCRIPTION
The tpage script is a simple wrapper around the Template Toolkit processor. Files specified by name on the command line are processed in turn by the template processor and the resulting output is sent to STDOUT and can be redirected accordingly. e.g. tpage myfile > myfile.out tpage header myfile footer > myfile.html If no file names are specified on the command line then tpage will read STDIN for input. The "--define" option can be used to set the values of template variables. e.g. tpage --define author="Andy Wardley" skeleton.pm > MyModule.pm See Template for general information about the Perl Template Toolkit and the template language and features. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> VERSION
2.68, distributed as part of the Template Toolkit version 2.19, released on 27 April 2007. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
ttree perl v5.14.2 2012-01-13 TPAGE(1p)