Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for Post 302408596 by mani_isha on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 03:37:34 AM
Old 03-30-2010
How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi
The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment .
Code:
cat Employee.sql 

SET VERIFY OFF
SET PAGESIZE 200

SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON -
HEAD "<TITLE>count of employeet</TITLE> -
"<STYLE type='text/css'> -
<!-- BODY {background: #FFFFC6} --> -
</STYLE>" -
BODY "TEXT='#FF00Ff'"-
TABLE "WIDTH='90%' BORDER='5' COLOR='#ffffff'"
SET MARKUP HTML ON ENTMAP ON
PROMPT <H> employee No </H>
PROMPT <H1> emp </H1>

spool Employee.html
SET MARKUP HTML ON ENTMAP OFF
PROMPT <H1> Report1  </H1>
PROMPT <H> <B> Report2 </B>  </H>
select count(*) from emp ;
PROMPT <P> </P>
spool off

exit

Then in another file1.sh on running this
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
export MAIL_LIST='someone@gmail.com'

cd /home/bin
rm Employee.html
sqlplus username/passwordL@host @Employee.sql
(cat uuencode Employee.html )| mailx -s "Report" -m $MAIL_LIST

on running this html attachment is sended.
Biut i dont need the html atatchment , i need simailar tabular form it shouldcom eon the mail notes directly instead of one opening the attcahment .

please suggest.

Last edited by pludi; 03-30-2010 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

3. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment. SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application" TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html #echo "Send the E-mail message..." uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment with mail ?

hello , i m new to linux/unix , well in my college their is linux server to which we all (i and my frnds) login , we can send mail to each other through command "mail" . but any one can tell me how can i attached a binary file with mail. we are using red hat , "pine ", "mailx" , all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert_every1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Delimited file and send mail with attachment

Hi All, My requirement is: 1. To read a file that contains log file location and server name. The format of the file is something like this : server_name1:logfilename1 server_name2:logfilename2 2. Now I wants to grep "error" string from the logfilename and put it into another file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheiver
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment using mail or mailx

I have a need to send a file from the unix command line to be sent as an attachment. Is this possible? That is when I open my outlook email I need to file to appear as an attachment. Also, is there a way to use the mail binary (not mailx) to modify the "reply address". mailx -r works but I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies
SET 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands SET ROLE(7) NAME
SET ROLE - set the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] ROLE rolename SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] ROLE NONE RESET ROLE DESCRIPTION
This command sets the current user identifier of the current SQL session to be rolename. The role name can be written as either an identi- fier or a string literal. After SET ROLE, permissions checking for SQL commands is carried out as though the named role were the one that had logged in originally. The specified rolename must be a role that the current session user is a member of. (If the session user is a superuser, any role can be selected.) The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET [set(7)] command. The NONE and RESET forms reset the current user identifier to be the current session user identifier. These forms can be executed by any user. NOTES
Using this command, it is possible to either add privileges or restrict one's privileges. If the session user role has the INHERITS attribute, then it automatically has all the privileges of every role that it could SET ROLE to; in this case SET ROLE effectively drops all the privileges assigned directly to the session user and to the other roles it is a member of, leaving only the privileges available to the named role. On the other hand, if the session user role has the NOINHERITS attribute, SET ROLE drops the privileges assigned directly to the session user and instead acquires the privileges available to the named role. In particular, when a superuser chooses to SET ROLE to a non-superuser role, she loses her superuser privileges. SET ROLE has effects comparable to SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION [set_session_authorization(7)], but the privilege checks involved are quite different. Also, SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION determines which roles are allowable for later SET ROLE commands, whereas changing roles with SET ROLE does not change the set of roles allowed to a later SET ROLE. SET ROLE does not process session variables as specified by the role's ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)] settings; this only happens during login. SET ROLE cannot be used within a SECURITY DEFINER function. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET ROLE 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | paul COMPATIBILITY
PostgreSQL allows identifier syntax ("rolename"), while the SQL standard requires the role name to be written as a string literal. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers are a PostgreSQL extension, as is the RESET syntax. SEE ALSO
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION [set_session_authorization(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SET ROLE(7)