Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk merging files based on 2 complex conditions Post 302408556 by ruby_sgp on Monday 29th of March 2010 11:45:52 PM
Old 03-30-2010
hey thanx alot

I really liked it very much.
thanx alot. i thought It will become unreply post. thanx for your time.
actually I divided every thing into smaller tasks and wrote multiple shell scripts. But your single code looks finer than mine.

Code:
IDName          name            Column1 IDs     Value   IDNo
ID1             ppp             a1              a/a             10      1
ID1             ppp             a2              a/a             20      1
ID1             ppp             a8              a/a             62      1
ID1             ppp             a3              a/b             30      2
ID1             ppp             a6              a/b             79      2
ID2             qqq             a1              b/b             23      1
ID2             qqq             a2              b/b             26      1
ID2             qqq             a3              b/b             28      1
ID2             qqq             a6              b/b             36      1
ID2             qqq             a8              b/c             46      2
ID2             ppp             a9              b/d             12      3
ID2             qqq             a9              b/d            22      3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files based on some key

I have to merge two files: The files are having the same format like A0this is first line TOlast line silmilarly other lines. I have to search for A0 line in the second file also and then put the data in the third file under A0 heading ,then for A1 and so on. A0 portion will be treminated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vandana Yadav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to count no of records based on conditions

Hi I am having files with date and time stamp as the folder names like 200906051400,200906051500,200906051600 .....hence everyday 24 files will be generated i need to do certain things on this 24 files daily file contains the data like 200906050016370 0 1244141195225298lessrv3 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files based on the contents

Hi, I have a file f1 having the contents as below select (<condn>) from dual I have another file f2 having the contents as below 1, 2, 3 I want to replace <condn> in f1 with the contents of f2 I tried using sed like this sed "s:<condn>:`cat f2`:g" f1 The above command resulted in sed:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of all files based on a condition

Hi Friends, I am new to UNIX. I need to merge all the files(to FINAL.txt) in single directory based one condition. Out of all the files one of file will have specific value like :GF01: at any where in the file. so the file which is having :GF01: should be appended at the last. EX:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any script for joining files based on simple conditions

Condition1; If NPID and IndID of both input1 and input2 are same take all the vaues relevant to them and print together as output Condition2; IDNo in output: Take the highly repeated same letter of similar NPID-IndID as *1* Second highly repeated same letter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files based on first column

I had two files file1 and file2. I want a o/p file(file3) like below using first column as ref. Pls give suggestion ass join is not working as the number of lines in each file is nealry 5 C? file1 --------------------- 404000324810001 Y 404000324810004 N 404000324810008 Y 404000324810009 N... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p_sai_ias
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for making files based on some conditions.

Hi All, I have a text file (code_data.txt) with the followig data. AMAR AB123456 XYZ KIRAN CB789 ABC RAJ CS78890 XYZ KAMESH A33535335 ABC KUMAR MD678894 MAT RITESH SR3535355... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge input from two files into one based on conditions

Using Linux (bash), I have two files which contain information about berries. Example: file1.txt: Blueberry blue 14 Raspberry red 12 Blackberry dark 4 file2.txt Blackberry sour 4 3 Blueberry tasty 12 78 Strawberry yummy 33 88 I want to merge these two files into one. The desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter file based on seperate conditions

The below awk will filter a list of 30,000 lines in the tab-delimited file. What I am having trouble with is adding a condition to SVTYPE=CNV that will only print that line if CI= must be >.05 . The other condition to add is if SVTYPE=Fusion, then in order to print that line READ_COUNT must... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on 5 conditions

I am trying to use awk to update the below tab-delimited file based on 5 different rules/conditions. The final output is also tab-delimited and each line in the file will meet one of the conditions. My attemp is below as well though I am not very confident in it. Thank you :). Condition 1: The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
NG_TCPMSS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					      NG_TCPMSS(4)

NAME
ng_tcpmss -- netgraph node to adjust TCP MSS option SYNOPSIS
#include <netgraph.h> #include <netgraph/ng_tcpmss.h> DESCRIPTION
The tcpmss node type is designed to alter the Maximum Segment Size option of TCP packets. This node accepts an arbitrary number of hooks. Initially a new hook is considered unconfigured. The NG_TCPMSS_CONFIG control message is used to configure a hook. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following. NGM_TCPMSS_CONFIG (config) This control message configures node to do given MSS adjusting on a particular hook. It requires the struct ng_tcpmss_config to be sup- plied as an argument: struct ng_tcpmss_config { char inHook[NG_HOOKSIZ]; char outHook[NG_HOOKSIZ]; uint16_t maxMSS; } This means: packets received on inHook would be checked for TCP MSS option and the latter would be reduced down to maxMSS if it exceeds maxMSS. After that, packets would be sent to hook outHook. NGM_TCPMSS_GET_STATS (getstats) This control message obtains statistics for a given hook. The statistics are returned in struct ng_tcpmss_hookstat: struct ng_tcpmss_hookstat { uint64_t Octets; /* total bytes */ uint64_t Packets; /* total packets */ uint16_t maxMSS; /* maximum MSS */ uint64_t SYNPkts; /* TCP SYN packets */ uint64_t FixedPkts; /* changed packets */ }; NGM_TCPMSS_CLR_STATS (clrstats) This control message clears statistics for a given hook. NGM_TCPMSS_GETCLR_STATS (getclrstats) This control message obtains and clears statistics for a given hook. EXAMPLES
In the following example, packets are injected into the tcpmss node using the ng_ipfw(4) node. # Create tcpmss node and connect it to ng_ipfw node ngctl mkpeer ipfw: tcpmss 100 qqq # Adjust MSS to 1452 ngctl msg ipfw:100 config '{ inHook="qqq" outHook="qqq" maxMSS=1452 }' # Divert traffic into tcpmss node ipfw add 300 netgraph 100 tcp from any to any tcpflags syn out via fxp0 # Let packets continue with ipfw after being hacked sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0 SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of an NGM_SHUTDOWN control message, or when all hooks have been disconnected. SEE ALSO
netgraph(4), ng_ipfw(4) HISTORY
The ng_tcpmss node type was implemented in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Alexey Popov <lollypop@flexuser.ru> Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
When running on SMP, system statistics may be broken. BSD
June 9, 2005 BSD