Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to do a ufsdump remote?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to do a ufsdump remote? Post 302408466 by enkei17 on Monday 29th of March 2010 02:55:25 PM
Old 03-29-2010
Doesn`t work

I do that and the dump is ok but nothing is send to the other place.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ufsdump

I want to try using Ufsdump for backups . The man pages state that the file systems should be inactive or be in the unmounted state . But for that system should be in single User mode. My query is that can we perform Ufsdump in run-level 3 ? And if no should I have to reboot it in Single user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsdump

hi i would like to backup my OS what is the exact command to do? beside backup to tapes can i back up to a directory in another server? will the command be the same? thanks. :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote ufsdump permissions

Hi, I have two solaris 9 boxes: SunOS bmsapp01 5.9 Generic_118558-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 and SunOS bmsdb01 5.9 Generic_118558-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440. The bmsapp01 server has a SDLT tape drive attached to it. I am trying to perform a remote ufsdump to the tape drive on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
5 Replies

4. Solaris

ufsdump

Hi, I want to how to take backup of File system From Disk to Disk using ufsdump? Wheather we can take the backup of root file system from one disk to another if tape drive is not available? wheather it is reliable to restore root file system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ufsdump

Hi, I have 5 soraris boxes and i am trying to backup all to SAN.Which backup is more suitable tar or ufsdump? Also pls mention what are the important folders i need to back up. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ufsdump to a remote server

Hello, how can I use ufsdump utility for filesystem backup to a remote directory on a server dedicated for backups ( over network) ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Making backup with ufsdump to remote mounted filesystems

Hi Unix members. I am trying to make a backup to remote mounted filesystems : fileraseing:/vol/oracliente_revap01 10G 1.3G 8.7G 13% /orarev_ap01 fileraseing:/vol/bobje 10G 5.9G 4.1G 60% /bobje But I am receiving the follow message when use the ufsdump command: :$PWD>ufsdump 0fu... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
8 Replies

8. Solaris

ufsdump a dir?

Is there a way to backup a single directory with ufsdump, or is tar better for that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

9. Solaris

ufsdump

Experts, Before patching am advised to take backup : so am going with: ufsdump -0uf /dev/rmt0 / ---> to take the whole / bkp to tape. some servers have /var in diff slice, In this case whether i need to take backup of /var also in tape? ufsdump -ouf /dev/rmt0 /var ---> to take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fizan
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Ufsdump and migration

Hi all, I have a Solaris 10 running on a M4000. I wanted to migrate it to M10 q1) can I do a ufsdump on / in the m4000 and restore it on the m10 ? q2) how do we ufsrestore on the naked M10 without any OS being install/running in the 1st place ? q3) if the answer to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)