Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl combine if
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl combine if Post 302408434 by jimmy_y on Monday 29th of March 2010 01:03:30 PM
Old 03-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis.jacob
One approch.

Code:
print "Non-zero"  if  int(join "", values(%q));

Thanks, it works Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or grep or perl combine two lines

how do i search for the phrase "expected" on line one and "received" on line two. (there is a newline in between the two) I would like to know if/how this can be done in perl and/or grep and/or sed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artjaniger
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - combine two xml files

Hi, I am very new to Perl scripting. I would like to how how do I pull out a group of repeated lines from one XML file and paste it into another file. I know it might be something simple, but as I said, I am very new and trying to figure out. Any help, greatly appreciated. Thanks, N M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmadpl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: reg.expr: combine starting and ending removal in one exprecion

Hello, I am new in perl and in regular exprecion; so I am looking for help (or an experienced advise.) The target is a triming spaces from a string: i.e., remove spases from begining and from end of a string. One of main point of a searched solution is performance: for current task it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine

Hi I am having text file like this 001|ramu|hno221|>< sheshadripuram|delhi|560061>< 002|krishna|hno225|>< newdelhimain|delhi|560061>< i want to combine every two lines as single...line... i.e 001|ramu|hno221|sheshadripuram|delhi|560061 can u pls help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: combine Backtick & system() I/O operation?

Hi - Within perl I want to execute a system command. I want to re-direct all the output from the command to a file (@result = `$cmd`;), but I ALSO want the results to be displayed on the screen (system("$cmd"); The reason is this - if the command completes, I want to process the output. If the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffw_00
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two regular expression perl

Dear All, my $tmp="*3f4#_#33#" if ($tmp =~ tr/*// > 1 || $tmp =~ tr/#// > 2) { print "yes"; } any possible to combine both regular expression into one? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple unique lines from event log text file into one line, use PERL or AWK?

I can't decide if I should use AWK or PERL after pouring over these forums for hours today I decided I'd post something and see if I couldn't get some advice. I've got a text file full of hundreds of events in this format: Record Number : 1 Records in Seq : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mayday22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl combine multiple map statements

I have a file like file. file.TODAY.THISYEAR file.TODAY.LASTYEARI want to substitute the words in caps with their actual values so that output should look like file.140805 file.140805.2014 file.140805.2013For this I am reading the file line bye line in an array and using multiple map... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)