Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What are the kernel parameter of network interface in Solaris? Post 302408423 by incredible on Monday 29th of March 2010 12:41:45 PM
Old 03-29-2010
kstat hme0 ----eg will show you all values for respective params

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris to HP-UX 11i v2 kernel parameter mapping

Can anyone reference me where I can find info or if someone knows the mapping of Solaris kernel parameters to HP-UX 11i v2 O/S on Integrity server? Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Lou :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nylou97
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network interface in Linux kernel

Hi, I wrote some network modules to 2.6.x Linux kernel. Im useing sock_recvmsg / sock_sendmsg (linuxsrc/include/linux/net.h ) interface to receiving and sending data in TCP mode. Im cooperating with HTTP protocol and I have a question. Supose that I have buffer I have connection client -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Route new network interface Solaris 8

Hi there, I'm trying to configure an additional network interface on Solaris 8 (eri0). The interface has been activated, but all the frames are still routed to the current default interface (ce0) I've tried following command (with various syntaxes...) unsuccessfully so far: # route add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreiniche
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting Network Interface details in solaris

Hi, /sbin/ifconfig -a when i login as guest user , output like below, lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 eri0: flags=1004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network Interface -- Solaris

Dear All, I have a solaris Server in which I have 4 network interfaces , out of which only one is used . So all the applications are using this interface . The interface speed is 1000Mbps . I find no hardware issue or packets g being dropped. But i find that no of Input and Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Network interface configuration - Solaris 11

Hi, I am new in Solaris 11. I can't even make the NIC work. Here is the issue: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

Network interface layer in Linux kernel

Dear all, lets say a linux based computer(debian) with ethernet,wifi, usb modem connected to the, linux kernel version is 3.3 Question: for each network device the network driver builds its own net_device struct and register itself with the network interface layer of the kernel. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick_kd
1 Replies
kstat_lookup(3KSTAT)					Kernel Statistics Library Functions				      kstat_lookup(3KSTAT)

NAME
kstat_lookup, kstat_data_lookup - find a kstat by name SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lkstat [ library...] #include <kstat.h> kstat_t *kstat_lookup(kstat_ctl_t *kc, char *ks_module, int ks_instance, char *ks_name); void *kstat_data_lookup(kstat_t *ksp, char *name); DESCRIPTION
The kstat_lookup() function traverses the kstat chain, kc->kc_chain, searching for a kstat with the same ks_module, ks_instance, and ks_name fields; this triplet uniquely identifies a kstat. If ks_module is NULL, ks_instance is -1, or ks_name is NULL, those fields will be ignored in the search. For example, kstat_lookup(kc, NULL, -1, "foo") will find the first kstat with name "foo". The kstat_data_lookup() function searches the kstat's data section for the record with the specified name. This operation is valid only for those kstat types that have named data records: KSTAT_TYPE_NAMED and KSTAT_TYPE_TIMER. RETURN VALUES
The kstat_lookup() function returns a pointer to the requested kstat if it is found. Otherwise it returns NULL and sets errno to indicate the error. The kstat_data_lookup() function returns a pointer to the requested data record if it is found. Otherwise it returns NULL and sets errno to indicate the error . ERRORS
The kstat_lookup() and kstat_data_lookup() functions will fail if: EINVAL An attempt was made to look up data for a kstat that was not of type KSTAT_TYPE_NAMED or KSTAT_TYPE_TIMER. ENOENT The requested kstat could not be found. FILES
/dev/kstat kernel statistics driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kstat(3KSTAT), kstat_chain_update(3KSTAT), kstat_open(3KSTAT), kstat_read(3KSTAT), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 2004 kstat_lookup(3KSTAT)