Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check if a column is having a numeric value or not in a file? Post 302408391 by radoulov on Monday 29th of March 2010 10:58:13 AM
Old 03-29-2010
This will print only the records with numeric fourth and sixth fileds:

Code:
perl '-MScalar::Util qw/looks_like_number/' '-F, -ane
    print if looks_like_number $F[3] 
      and looks_like_number $F[5]
    ' infile

If you want all of them:

Code:
perl '-MScalar::Util qw/looks_like_number/' '-F, -lane
    print $_, " -> ", (looks_like_number $F[3] 
	  and looks_like_number $F[5])? "valid" : "invalid"
	' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a column contain numeric or char data type ??

I have a file called clientname_filename.csv whose contents are like col1|col2|col3|col4| 510|abc|xxx|450| 510|abc11|yyy|350 510|pqr99|zzz| 670 512|222|439|110 Here i have check the contents of column for data type. i have a constraints that col1 always contain Numeric value column 2... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check variable if its non numeric

if test $b -ne then echo "\n\n\n\tPassword reset has been done successfully" else echo "\n\n\n\tAn error occurred" fi i want to check whether $b is non-numeric so how to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check Null values in a file column by column if columns are Not NULLs

Hi All, I have a table with 10 columns. Some columns(2nd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 10th) are Not Null columns. I'll get a tab-delimited file and want to check col by col and generate seperate error code for each col eg:102 if 2nd col value is NULL and 104 if 4th col value is NULL so on... I am a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check whether it is a non-numeric character

Below is the abstract of the script which is working fine. if ] then error_process "Invalid month format." return 1 fi I am doing validation for month and it errors if the value is > 12 or < 0. In addition, I want to add another condition to error if it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sony_dada
2 Replies

5. Programming

check the given string is numeric or not.

Hi, how to check the given string is numeric or not , without converting ( using strtol...). for ex: if string is C01 - non-numeric data if string is 001 - numeric data TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: knowledge_gain
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file contains only numeric values

How to check if the file contains only numeric values. I don't want to read entire file it eats lot of cpu Or any way which consumes less memory n cpu.. Please suggest -S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for a Numeric Value?

Using shell, I have a variable, how can I check that variable for a numeric value such as "41.0"? My program needs to do one things if the numeric value is found, and another if something else such as a string of letter is found. is there a specific character that denotes a numeral? The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chagan02
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if a string is numeric

I checked all the previous threads related to this and tried this. My input is all numbers or decimals greater than zero everytime. I want to check the same in the korn shell script. Just validate the string to be numeric. This is what I am doing. var="12345" if ) -o "$var" !=... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting file based on a numeric column

Hi, I use UBUNTU 12.04. I have a file with this structure: Name 2 1245787 A G 12 14 12 14 .... Name 1 1245789 C T 13 12 12 12..... I would like to sort my file based on the second column so to have this output for example: Name 1 1245789 C T 13 12 12 12..... Name 2 1245787 A G 12 14... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether input is numeric

Hello there, find below for my code first: $pdp_asaba=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep asaba | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_asaba=0 fi $pdp_abuja=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep abuja | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_abuja=0 fi $pdp_ojota=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep ojota | sed 's/*//g'` if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
3 Replies
CUBRID_FETCH_FIELD(3)							 1						     CUBRID_FETCH_FIELD(3)

cubrid_fetch_field - Get column information from a result and return as an object

SYNOPSIS
object cubrid_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset]) DESCRIPTION
This function returns an object with certain properties of the specific column. The properties of the object are: o $name -column name o $table -name of the table that the column belongs to o $def -default value of the column o $max_length -maximum length of the column o $not_null -1 if the column cannot be NULL o $primary_key -1 if the column is a primary key o $unique_key -1 if the column is an unique key o $multiple_key -1 if the column is a non-unique key o $numeric -1 if the column is numeric o $blob -1 if the column is a BLOB o $type -the type of the column o $unsigned -1 if the column is unsigned o $zerofill -1 if the column is zero-filled PARAMETERS
o $result -$result comes from a call to cubrid_execute(3) o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field (that was not yet retrieved by this function) is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Object with certain properties of the specific column, when process is successful. FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_fetch_field(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33000, "demodb"); $req = cubrid_execute($conn, "SELECT event_code,athlete_code,nation_code,game_date FROM game WHERE host_year=1988 and event_code=20001;"); var_dump(cubrid_fetch_row($req)); cubrid_field_seek($req, 1); $field = cubrid_fetch_field($req); printf(" --- Field Properties --- "); printf("%-30s %s ", "name:", $field->name); printf("%-30s %s ", "table:", $field->table); printf("%-30s "%s" ", "default value:", $field->def); printf("%-30s %d ", "max length:", $field->max_length); printf("%-30s %d ", "not null:", $field->not_null); printf("%-30s %d ", "primary key:", $field->primary_key); printf("%-30s %d ", "unique key:", $field->unique_key); printf("%-30s %d ", "multiple key:", $field->multiple_key); printf("%-30s %d ", "numeric:", $field->numeric); printf("%-30s %d ", "blob:", $field->blob); printf("%-30s %s ", "type:", $field->type); printf("%-30s %d ", "unsigned:", $field->unsigned); printf("%-30s %d ", "zerofill:", $field->zerofill); cubrid_close_request($req); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: array(4) { [0]=> string(5) "20001" [1]=> string(5) "16681" [2]=> string(3) "KOR" [3]=> string(9) "1988-9-30" } --- Field Properties --- name: athlete_code table: game default value: "" max length: 0 not null: 1 primary key: 1 unique key: 1 multiple key: 0 numeric: 1 blob: 0 type: integer unsigned: 0 zerofill: 0 PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_FETCH_FIELD(3)