Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks The History Of Social - Chapter 1 Post 302408370 by zaxxon on Monday 29th of March 2010 09:50:03 AM
Old 03-29-2010
lol Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
libtalloc_tutorial(3)						      talloc						     libtalloc_tutorial(3)

NAME
libtalloc_tutorial - The Tutorial Introduction Talloc is a hierarchical, reference counted memory pool system with destructors. It is built atop the C standard library and it defines a set of utility functions that altogether simplifies allocation and deallocation of data, especially for complex structures that contain many dynamically allocated elements such as strings and arrays. The main goals of this library are: removing the needs for creating a cleanup function for every complex structure, providing a logical organization of allocated memory blocks and reducing the likelihood of creating memory leaks in long-running applications. All of this is achieved by allocating memory in a hierarchical structure of talloc contexts such that deallocating one context recursively frees all of its descendants as well. Main features o An open source project o A hierarchical memory model o Natural projection of data structures into the memory space o Simplifies memory management of large data structures o Automatic execution of a destructor before the memory is freed o Simulates a dynamic type system o Implements a transparent memory pool Table of contents: Chapter 1: Talloc context Chapter 2: Stealing a context Chapter 3: Dynamic type system Chapter 4: Using destructors Chapter 5: Memory pools Chapter 6: Debugging Chapter 7: Best practises Version 2.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 libtalloc_tutorial(3)