Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 install issue - "Caught Signal 11" Post 302408315 by Probos on Monday 29th of March 2010 07:20:49 AM
Old 03-29-2010
No. Not using ZFS -- UFS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Install pkg "SUNWxglrt" Solaris 10

Please, help me!!! I need install this pkg (SUNWxglrt) in Solaris 10 x86, but I've not found on DVD or internet. What do I do????? This pkg exists??? (p.s.- I sorry my English if mistake anythings. I Brazilian and have problems with English). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Victor_Neto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 upgrade exiting ( caught signal 11)

Hi, I am pretty new to Solaris and am trying to upgrade from the OBP. I go through the process of booting from the cdrom, entering all necessary information and running the upgrade. The system completes analysis and then fail with the EXITING (caught signal 11) error I believe that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seanliam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

""Help Me!""Beginner awk learning issue

Hi All, I have just now started learning awk from the source - Awk - A Tutorial and Introduction - by Bruce Barnett and the bad part is that I am stuck on the very first example for running the awk script. The script is as - #!/bin/sh # Linux users have to change $8 to $9 awk ' BEGIN ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 "Exiting (caught signal 11)"

I get an error after the initializing screen. I am using a DVD/ROM to boot up the installation on a Dell Inspiron 1520. Segmentation fault - core dumped. I have tried to restart multiple times. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimasaurus
1 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Solaris VM "break" signal

Hi All How would you send a solaris virtual machine in vmware esx, a break signal? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakerock
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
acl_check(3SEC) 				       File Access Control Library Functions					   acl_check(3SEC)

NAME
acl_check - check the validity of an ACL SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsec [ library... ] #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_check(acl_t *aclp, int isdir); DESCRIPTION
The acl_check() function checks the validity of an ACL pointed to by aclp. The isdir argument checks the validity of an ACL that will be applied to a directory. The ACL can be either a POSIX draft ACL as supported by UFS or NFSv4 ACL as supported by ZFS or NFSV4. When the function verifies a POSIX draft ACL, the rules followed are described in aclcheck(3SEC). For NFSv4 ACL, the ACL is verified against the following rules: o The inheritance flags are valid. o The ACL must have at least one ACL entry and no more than {MAX_ACL_ENTRIES}. o The permission field contains only supported permissions. o The entry type is valid. o The flag fields contain only valid flags as supported by NFSv4/ZFS. If any of the above rules are violated, the function fails with errno set to EINVAL. RETURN VALUES
If the ACL is valid, acl_check() returns 0. Otherwise errno is set to EINVAL and the return value is set to one of the following: EACL_INHERIT_ERROR There are invalid inheritance flags specified. EACL_FLAGS_ERROR There are invalid flags specified on the ACL that don't map to supported flags in NFSV4/ZFS ACL model. EACL_ENTRY_ERROR The ACL contains an unknown value in the type field. EACL_MEM_ERROR The system cannot allocate any memory. EACL_INHERIT_NOTDIR Inheritance flags are only allowed for ACLs on directories. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acl(2), aclcheck(3SEC), aclsort(3SEC), acl(5), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Apr 2008 acl_check(3SEC)