Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Rootvg mirror and sysdumplv Post 302408311 by kkeng808 on Monday 29th of March 2010 07:07:09 AM
Old 03-29-2010
Got it Thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Mirror State AIX

Hello, how can i see easily the state of a mirrored disk on a AIX 4.3.3. I try followed command: lslv -m >lvname> but for me is not enough information. thanx in advance fenomen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenomen
2 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2/5.3 - rootvg on SAN disk - pros and cons

We are considering a DR strategy of booting AIX 5.3 and 5.3 logical partitions from EMC Symmetrix SAN disks, so that we can replicate via SRDF to a recovery site. Has anyone tried configuring AIX 5.x systems to boot from SAN disk? If so, can you provide any information on the pros and cons of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjgarrot
6 Replies

4. AIX

Erase AIX rootvg system disk

Hello all, I need help for erasing IBM P5 machine running AIX 5.3. I have 2 system disks (Hardware mirror) and i'm looking for a way like a LIVE CD bootable CD so I can boot with the cd and then format the system disks with a "secure erase" software. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobi gabai
7 Replies

5. AIX

How to restore rootvg archive after AIX 6.1 crash

Hello, Few days ago I created both mksysb and savevg archives of rootvg. How can I restore this rootvg now because the AIX crashed during some software tests. There is no way to start from hdisk0 because most of the system files are deleted (this includes libc.a). I tough it will be trivial... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX break rootvg mirror from system down

Hello, aix 5.2, mirrored rootvg on hdisk0 and hdisk1. hdisk0 is dead. I can boot to cd, into sms, into maintenance mode. I can fsck all the various partitions on hdisk1 (the hd4 hd2 hd3, etc...) all is fine. But without the hdisk0 part of the mirror I cannot get the system to boot. ystem hangs on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshapiro
6 Replies

8. AIX

How to manually -re-attach AIX lv's to a mirror?

in trying to rectify a stale lv problem I ran rmlvcopy <lv> 1 <primary disk> leaving the original os disk without lv copies other than the stale lv. Both disks seem operational, but, lsvg rootg shows 1 stale pv. The end goal is to re-attach the lv's back to hdisk1, and then attempt a reboot... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
11 Replies

9. AIX

AIX hdisk Mirror vs alt_clone

Hello, I have two hdisk in Power7 machine, the rootvg on hdisk0. So to make a disk redundancy should make mirror or alt_clone and what is the different. Appreciate your help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moudmm
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - mirror a jfs2log

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirroring. I accidentally created logical volume cpsabcd2lv with external jfs2log loglv00 in the same volume group cpsdata2vg. Then I mirrored LV cpsabcd2lv on the second LUN in VG cpsdata2vg. My journal is unmirrored and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
0 Replies
JIGDO-MIRROR(1) 														   JIGDO-MIRROR(1)

NAME
jigdo-mirror - Maintain a mirror of images offered with jigdo SYNOPSIS
jigdo-mirror [ config-file ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. jigdo-mirror is a script intended for people who want to offer direct HTTP or FTP downloads of files for which only the jigdo and template files are available. As the first step of using jigdo-mirror, you need to set up normal HTTP/FTP/rsync mirroring both of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and of the parts that are needed for the reconstruction of the images. For example, in the case that you want to mirror Debian CD images with jigdo-mirror, you need a mirror of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and a Debian mirror on the local machine. At regular intervals (preferably immediately after the normal mirroring has finished), schedule a run of jigdo-mirror. It will search through a given directory for any `.jigdo' files and attempt to create all images offered by each file. The script requires you to set a number of variables - please refer to the start of /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror for a description of each of them. Since /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror will be overwritten whenever you upgrade jigdo-mirror, it is highly recommended not to change the set- tings directly in this script. Instead, personal settings should be saved in a file called .jigdo-mirror in your home directory, or in a different file whose name is then passed to the script as its first (and only) command line argument. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-lite(1) CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-MIRROR(1)