Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sysdate setting in .profile
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sysdate setting in .profile Post 302408276 by malickhat on Monday 29th of March 2010 04:36:09 AM
Old 03-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Why don't you use the command:
Code:
SYSDATE="$( date '+%d/%B/%Y/%S' )"

Code:
alias SYSDATE=date '+%d/%B/%Y/%S'

My Requiremnet is such a way that i have to use the .profile to put all my shell script varialble like sysdate , directory path and all that . so both you're above options are not helping me here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting LIBPATH in profile

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me. I run an application on an AIX 4.3.3 machine, for which I need to set up the LIBPATH environment variable for a specific user. I need this to be set up automatically when the user logs in (via Exceed), so I tried setting this in the .profile file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: durnelln
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NLS_LANG setting in .profile

Hi In my .Profile file initially I had given export NLS_LANG="BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE_BRAZIL.WE8ISO8859P1" and later I commented it. When I connect to sqlplus from shell prompt and query "select * from nls_session_parameters" it gives PARAMETER VALUE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arksjd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting Up Profile.......Need Help Urgently

Hi I am not able to setup PS1 environment variable in .profile file in my Home directory.I am using RED HAT3 Linux.this is the excercise that i have done $echo $SHELL /bin/ksh $pwd /home/khan $ls -l .profile -rwxrwxrwx $more .profile set -o vi export PS1='khan' $echo $PS1 $ (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachtokhan
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up Bash profile

Hi, I have a SunOS -s 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210 system. I need to set up my .bash_profile. I need to do the following thins. 1) set up history 2) Set up VI as my editor 3) Display the current directory at the prompt. I have tried using the set command, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushys
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting home as lin in user profile

Hi. I have a directory structure built with links. For example: /home/user1 is a link to /var/123/user1 can i set the home variable in the .profile of the user to use a link? or it has to be a "real" directory? tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in setting .profile , .cshrc , .exerc ..... in HP-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX

I need help in settings to Hp-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX .. I worked on Linux previously ... now i am working on Hp-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX .. up/down arrow , to see history of previous command (basically to modify ) and few keyboard keys are different ... so i need to set .profile , .cshrc , ... to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girija
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting umask 022 by default to my profile

Hello everyone, I want to set my properties of my profile to umask 022 by default. I have an idea that i need to make the change in .profile file. Can you please help me, on how would i be able to set it. Thanks, Abhishek S. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting the profile

What's the purpose of setting the profile in side the script? however the user when logins, the profile wil be set. Then why we need to use that explicitly inside the script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

10. AIX

Profile Max CPU Setting

I have a system with the following settings: min:0.10 Assigned: 2.0 Max: 6.0 Partition is uncapped weight is 128. I would like to know if even if this is uncapped, is the max it can use 6? The actual pool has 16. I remember reading about this somewhere but I don't remember can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)