Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Oracle and SAP on AIX 6.1 + PowerHA resources ? Post 302408270 by ross.mather on Monday 29th of March 2010 04:19:24 AM
Old 03-29-2010
No there isn't, This is a complex area to get right so you need to make sure that you have a full understanding of what SAP requires and what they support. Then map that to AIX for implementation under HA.

There is quite an old rebook that has some useful advice in it here: IBM Redbooks | A Holistic Approach to a Reliable Infrastructure for SAP R/3 on AIX that can be taken as general.

However if you are uptodate and using ERS (Enqueue Replication Server) as part of the environment, you need to be very careful on where you place various components.

Talk to your SAP people early and often to ensure that they can help you go through the myriad of ever changing SAP documentation. This is also why there isn't a single step by step guide as it is ever changing.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 Heap Memory with SAP

Any idea whether this parameter can be set / adjusted and where please? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need aix commands specific for sap

hi i am in sap basis . any body have aix command list which are required for a basis admin to check, during critical situations thanks akhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p372707
1 Replies

3. AIX

Aix hacmp cluster question (oracle & sap)

Hello, I was wondering if I have 3 nodes (A, B, C) all configured to startup with HACMP, but I would like to configure HACMP in such a way: 1) Node B should startup first. After the cluster successfully starts up and mounts all the filesystems, then 2) Node A, and Node C should startup ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

4. AIX

Running SAPPFPAR Check On SAP AIX

Dear All, I have been running SAPPFPAR check on my SAP AIX system and I would like to know which areas as per below that needs tunings. Could someone please kindly let me know me. Q1) Is it compulsory to implement this solutions:- SOLUTIONS: (1) Locate shared memory segments outside of pool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p507907
1 Replies

5. AIX

Interoperability Oracle Clusterware - PowerHA/HACMP

I am planning for building a new database server using AIX 6.1 and Oracle 11.2 using ASM. As i have learned starting with Oracle 11.2 ASM can only be used in conjunction with Clusterware, which is Oracles HA-software. As is the companies policy we do intend to use PowerHA as HA-solution instead... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA 5.5.0.4 on AIX 5.3 TL10 upgrade question

Hi all, I want to upgrade a clustered AIX 5.3 TL10 with PowerHA 5.5.0.4. To both AIX 6.1 and PowerHA 6.1 in an wasy way. Any guidelines or procedures in an easy way to accomplish this task safely? Note : fdown time is an acceptable option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

7. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies
dlpi_bind(3DLPI)				  Data Link Provider Interface Library Functions				  dlpi_bind(3DLPI)

NAME
dlpi_bind - bind DLPI handle SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -ldlpi [ library ... ] #include <libdlpi.h> int dlpi_bind(dlpi_handle_t dh, uint_t sap, uint_t *boundsap); DESCRIPTION
The dlpi_bind() function attempts to bind the DLPI handle dh to the SAP sap. The handle must be in the DL_UNBOUND DLPI state and will tran- sition to the DL_IDLE DLPI state upon success. Some DLPI MAC types can bind to a different SAP than the SAP requested, in which case bound- sap returns the actual bound SAP. If boundsap is set to NULL, dlpi_bind() fails if the bound SAP does not match the requested SAP. If the caller does not care which SAP is chosen, DLPI_ANY_SAP can be specified for sap. This is primarily useful in conjunction with dlpi_promis- con() and DL_PROMISC_SAP to receive traffic from all SAPs. If DLPI_ANY_SAP is specified, any transmitted messages must explicitly specify a SAP using dlpi_send(3DLPI). Upon success, the caller can use dlpi_recv(3DLPI) to receive data matching the bound SAP that is sent to the DLPI link associated with dh. In addition, the caller can use dlpi_send(3DLPI) to send data over the bound SAP address associated with DLPI handle dh. The physical address of the bound handle can be retrieved with dlpi_info(3DLPI). RETURN VALUES
Upon success, DLPI_SUCCESS is returned. If DL_SYSERR is returned, errno contains the specific UNIX system error value. Otherwise, a DLPI error value defined in <sys/dlpi.h> or an error value listed in the following section is returned. ERRORS
DLPI_EBADMSG Bad DLPI message DLPI_EINHANDLE Invalid DLPI handle DLPI_ETIMEDOUT DLPI operation timed out DLPI_EUNAVAILSAP Unavailable DLPI SAP ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dlpi_info(3DLPI), dlpi_recv(3DLPI), dlpi_send(3DLPI), dlpi_unbind(3DLPI), libdlpi(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2007 dlpi_bind(3DLPI)