Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring How to setup Email notification when storage reach certain % ? Post 302408251 by i-counsellor on Monday 29th of March 2010 03:14:10 AM
Old 03-29-2010
How to setup Email notification when storage reach certain % ?

Hi, I recently research on how auto-mailing to notify the increase of storage size. I try avoid schedule/routine checkup the storage to determine increase the storage size. It is time-consuming. Any comment on how to get the storage size %? and automatically trigger mailing function instead manually?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add email notification in scripts?

Hi. I want to add email notification so when the my script finishes it sends out an email of the results to our team. If there are errors the subject on the email should say there were errors. If any having idea/sample scripts pls share with me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab change and email notification

Hey guys Just need some help with crontab.Iam looking for a script that will alert particular user about its change through sendmail.We are using bash here. --CoolKid (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies

4. AIX

Cron Job notification email

Hi, I'm fairly new to Aix and am looking for some help on the following. I have setup a cron job under root and want it to send the email once it's run to an external email address. I can get it to send the output in an email to me by using mail on the end of the crontab entry. But I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux-Heartbeat Email Notification

hi guys I hope this goes here Have someone used Linux heartbeat to send email when the Slave server becomes the Master? I've read I can configure the MailTo under /etc/ha.d/resource.d but I really don't know how to do it. I basically need my primary server to send an email when it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

6. AIX

Sending an email notification when syslog goes down

Hi All of a sudden the syslog daemon in the server went down and then later I started it manually # ps -ef | grep syslogd root 217228 114906 0 Nov 16 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/syslogd root 430306 290870 0 14:18:11 pts/0 0:00 grep syslogd Can some one help me with a script which will monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email notification is not working in spacewalk

Hi, I am using spacewalk tool ( Linux systems management solution ). I have configured probe notification and notification method in spacewalk. But I am not getting the notification mail. Checked the /var/log/maillog and the error message as follows, Dec 11 17:01:11 spserver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Notification

Hi All, I need write a linux script which emails each record to the employee manager email-id which will be specified inside the file. Each employee can have a different manager too.. file contain 200 to 300 records Employee ID, Employee Name, Employee Email-ID, Manager, Manager... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email notification error on Solaris

Hi, I am getting error below when testing email. is there a way I can configure email on Solaris? SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise echo "hello" | sendmail -v abcd WARNING: local host name (-s) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? abcd... Connecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
1 Replies
extendfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       extendfs(8)

NAME
extendfs - Extends UFS file systems SYNOPSIS
/sbin/extendfs [- s] [disk_blocks] device_name DESCRIPTION
Use the extendfs command to increase the storage space in a UFS file system. The file system must not be mounted when you perform this operation. To extend a mounted (in use) UFS file system, use the mount command with the -o extend option. The procedure for increasing the storage space of a UFS file system is as follows: Look at the contents the /etc/fstab file to identify the disk partition that maps to the file system. Ensure that there is available storage space on the target disk as follows: If LSM is in use on your system, use LSM commands to increase the size of the LSM volume as described in the Logical Storage Manager guide. If LSM is not in use on your system, use the disklabel command or the diskconfig graphical user interface to check the current size and use of partitions on the disk. If there is adequate space on an adjacent partition, use the disklabel command to write the current label to a file as fol- lows: # disklabel -r dsk4 > d4label Edit the disklabel file to change the size of the partition on which your UFS file system resides. Increase the number of disk blocks on the partition and decrease the disk block size of the adjacent partition by an equivalent number. Use the disklabel command with the -R option to write the revised label to the raw disk as follows: # disklabel -R /dev/rdisk/dsk4 d4label When the disk label is revised, extend the file system using the extendfs command. You can either use the full extent of the newly sized partition or extend the file system in stages. The following example commands show both methods. To extend the file system to use all the available space, you specify the disk partition on which the file system resides, as follows: # extendfs /dev/disk/dsk4g To extend the file system to use only part of the available space, you specify a number of disk blocks, as follows: # extendfs -s 300000 /dev/disk/dsk4g The remainder of the extended partion is reserved for future use. You can extend a file system as many times as necessary, up to the physical limit of the storage device. When no more space is available on the storage device, you must back up the file system using the dump command and restore the file system to a storage device that has more available space. Once you have extended a file system, the operation cannot be reversed except by a back up and restore operation. Use the dump command to back up the file system. You can then reset the partition sizes manually and restore the file system to the storage device. ERRORS
The disklabel command produces output similar to that of the newfs command. If a list of disk blocks is not displayed on the terminal, the command has failed. Verify the partition settings and the mount status of the target file system. The disklabel command does not permit you to overwrite a partition if it is in use. Refer to the disklabel(8) reference page for more information on label errors. FILES
Specifies the command path. RELATED INFORMATION
diskconfig(8), disklabel(8), mount(8), and fstab(4). extendfs(8)